- Post Date:November 1, 2021
- Views 414
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Station: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
About the Organisation
World Mental Resilience Program (WMRP) was founded and formed as a response to the cognitive incapacitation and self-reliance incapacitation of the communities in developing countries in the face of rising cases of mental health breakdowns. The effects of the financial instabilities in developing countries and the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown measures saw skyrocketing unemployment statistics, loss of business and income generating opportunities in a wider scale. These events continue to demolish to the core, the cognitive capacity and the self-reliance capacity of the affected communities in developing countries. The access to essential livelihood needs such as food, health services and shelter continue to become dye as the majority of the affected individuals and families cannot afford adequate food, proper health services and proper standard shelter.
World Mental Resilience Program (WMRP) a groundbreaking organisation in Zimbabwe, seeks to recruit key individuals from its active members who would spearhead the organisation in achieving its vision in the promotion and facilitation of primary prevention of mental health breakdowns in communities as well as spearheading the recruitment exercise for the upcoming Save Humanity – A Fight for Humankind five (5) years program.
WMRP strategic plan for the next five years (2021 to 2026) is based on six empowerment pillars: Mental Wellness Empowerment, Behaviour Modification Empowerment, Enterprise Empowerment, Food Security and Nutrition Empowerment, Shelter and Safety Empowerment and Academic Empowerment.
Like World Mental Resilience Program Page on LinkedIn and register to be a member: Passionate about mental-wellness, Compassionate about Humanity, Concerned about Humankind.
Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the strategic plan. Put in place an effective M&E framework to regularly measure progress on implementing the Country strategic plan, drawing and sharing lessons learned and applying adaptive management. Support partners in documenting good practice cases and promote knowledge sharing among partners and within WMRP. Ensure partner and project data are managed in line with data protection rules, and that updated programme records are kept.
- Partnership Management: Support the CEO in maintaining strong partnerships and diversifying partnerships by identifying new partners in support of the strategic plan
- Organize and conduct initial and regularly updated organisational capacity assessments and / or partnership reviews, jointly develop plans to address capacity gaps, identify solutions, monitor implementation and document learning
- Support funding diversification strategies with partners and oversee the phase out of partnerships where agreed, through jointly prepared exit plans with the partner;
- Programme / Project Management: Identify project opportunities with partners under WMRP’s strategic plan and in line with national development plans.
- Lead on the rapid development of emergency response projects with partners in the event of natural or man-made disaster;
- Ensure partners and own staff are fully informed of donor requirements and are capable to meet them
- Promote the inclusion of monitoring, evaluation and learning components in project plans, plan and conduct mid and end-term project evaluations with partners and support the dissemination of learning
- Support the CFO in ensuring that partners and colleagues understand and respect WMRP’s financial framework for project implementation
- Closely collaborate with the CFO to ensure that programme and financial aspects of project design, budgeting and implementation go together, and that project monitoring and evaluation is comprehensive.
- Advocacy, technical advice and representation (where no dedicated function): With the CEO, promote the organization and its mission to local partners and authorities;
- Represent WMRP at relevant in-country meetings, conferences, and workshops; Manage engagement with national alliances, partners to define and support national advocacy priorities
- Communication and resource mobilisation (where no dedicated function): Monitor in-country calls for proposals from institutional donors and support the CEO in building focused relationships with representatives of such donors and other NGOs with whom WMRP can collaborate
- Must be a registered WMRP CAM
- Experience in the NGO sector is an added advantage
- A degree in Social Sciences, project management, international development or in related field from a reputable university
- At least 5 years post qualification experience
- Well organized and methodical with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Dynamic and flexible as a team player with good communication skills
How to apply
Attach a confirmation email of your WMRP CAM number to your detailed resume and send to: [email protected]
Due Date: Wednesday 03 November 2021 at 00.00 midnight
Applications from non-members will be automatically be
Related Jobs (26)
Site QA/QC Coordinator on December 6, 2021
Broadcast Content Monitoring & Compliance Assistant on December 6, 2021 Full Time