- Post Date:October 12, 2021
- Views 422
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Start date: Open to commencement of funding.
A local NGO is inviting applications for the position Programmes Officer, Reporting to the Executive Director.
The Programmes Officer shall be responsible for implementing a programme on media professionalism, plan training and capacity development for media and journalists in Zimbabwe, coordinate and liase with trainers, plan activities and compile activity reports, draft proposals and budgets for activities, implement programmes, review and organise meetings, draft policy positions, lobby and advocate on media freedom, media law reform, media safety and enhancing ethical and professional conduct in the media sector in Zimbabwe.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Media Studies, Communications and Public Relations and any qualifications related to communications;
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- At least three years’ work experience in an NGO;
- Familiarity and experience with donor regulations and USAID processes;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Social Media platforms management and managing an organizational website;
- Ability to Write Project Proposals and Donor Reports;
- Experience and understanding of Newsroom operations and media organizations set up
Duties and key responsibilities
Main duties include:
- Plan and implement activities,
- Coordinate and plan training and capacity development activities,
- Able to liase and coordinate activities with trainers and facilitators,
- Organise and Implement the organisation’s Work Plan;
- Assist the Executive Director in following up implementation of the organisation’s Strategic Plan and Board decisions;
- Follow up media legislation and policy making processes and advise the Executive Director accordingly;
- Analyse, research and monitor implementation of the work plan and policies related to the media in Zimbabwe, write position papers;
- Organise advocacy activities and events planned by the organization;
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding media professional and ethical standards;
- Assist Finance Officer with programme budgeting and write activity reports and donor reports and keep record of the same;
- Prepare updates for the Executive Director on activities implemented;
- Research and draft fundraising proposals for new programme activities and participate in organisational planning and strategic review meetings;
- And any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
Interested candidates should send in a CV and letter of motivation (1 page) to: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 21 October 2021