- Post Date:August 27, 2021
- Views 545
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
“Safety n Us” is a proactive organization that seeks to address the root cause of forms of violence against children in the context of the 21st century connected society. In the digital society, children have surpassed their adults in technology usage and have been thrown in the deep end of technology, exposing them to new forms of vulnerabilities. Direct violence takes the forms of cyberbullying, exposure to illicit content and even scams. Technology also exposes them to paedophiles and traffickers which lead to child sexual abuse, trafficking and sometimes drug abuse. Given the digital divide between the younger and older generations, it is imperative to address child violence with new and innovative ways that can match the complex dangers against children in a digital society. Our thematic areas of work include: Online Safety; Psychosocial Support and Protection; Advocacy and Awareness; Education. For more information, you can www.safetynus.org
The position includes facilitating and training on organization thematic areas, being able to manage a crowd is very important. Research and writing on thematic areas, generating reports and presentations. In addition, the incumbent will be assisting Safety n Us communication including but not limited to Social Media platforms, Press releases and public relations. Furthermore, the incumbent should be keen to work with children as they will be the primary demographic we serve. S/he is required to use Microsoft Office or Google Drive Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms) to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Sociology Social Work or Education is required;
- A Master’s degree an added advantage;
- Excellent facilitation and training skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels;
- Experience in Online Meeting Platforms, Microsoft Office and Google Drive apps is a must;
- Excellent writing and drafting skills (articles, reports and minutes);
- Excellent research skills in line with organization thematic areas;
- Excellent communication skills with high attention to detail;
- Practical experience in logistics and events management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player;
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
Email us for the position by attaching your application letter and CV to [email protected]
Possibility of a paid position in the future, Personal Development and Capacity building offered through Safety n Us and other affiliated partners. Data will be provided to complete tasks.
Duration: Full-time, starting from mid-September for 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
NB: This is a NON-PAID position.
Deadline: 31 August 2021
Related Jobs (58)
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021