Programme Officer – Inclusive Eye Health (IEH)
- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 439
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Christian Blind Mission (CBM) Zimbabwe is an international disability inclusive development NGO which works in co-operation with local partners in complementing government’s development agenda. Inclusive recruitment of staff is a priority for the organisation which seeks to promote meaningful inclusion of persons with disabilities in all aspects of our work. The organization seeks to recruit a Programme Officer – Inclusive Eye Health (IEH) to lead the Inclusive Eye Health department within CBM’s Country Office.
- Lead the Inclusive Eye Health department in the Country Office; Work closely with Ministry of Health and Child Care and other stakeholders in coordinating and supporting Inclusive Eye Health projects;
- Oversee administrative duties within the Inclusive Eye Health program, including procurement of equipment, consumables and other items;
- Monitor and manage resources in the Inclusive Eye Health portfolio in line with the partner budgets and work plans;
- Support partner organizations and the Ministry of Health and Child Care to provide inclusive eye health services;
- Coordinate the IEH department and create linkages with the Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) and Humanitarian initiatives;
- Contribute to the development of concept papers and project proposals;
- Identify and ensure effective representation of CBM in relevant technical forums and task forces, with donors and other key stakeholders;
- Track project indicators and outcomes and ensure projects achieve set targets;
- Document human interest stories/case studies from successful projects;
- Coordinate with partners and other departments to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Support programme priorities (cataract surgeries, refractive errors, glaucoma, low vision services), including capacity building on disability inclusion;
- Support the implementation of the programme quality framework and collection of disability disaggregated data;
- Promote the engagement of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) in programme planning, monitoring, and implementation;
- Advocates for disability inclusive approaches among project partners and stakeholders involved in community development;
- Review project reports (narrative, financial and statistical) submitted by partners;
- Ensure adoption of CBM standardized quality assurance processes tools and PQS;
- Support partners to facilitate project implementation as planned, and make timely and necessary mid-course adjustments on activities and budgets;
- Conduct partnership assessments for CBM potential partners;
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Country Programs Manager.
Desired qualifications skills and competencies
- Degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, eye health, Development Studies, Social Studies or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years work experience in public health/eye health sector and project management;
- Experience of designing/managing eye health or health systems strengthening programmes at district, provincial and national levels;
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Excellent communication, presentation social, reporting and training skills;
- Experience in working with People with Disabilities is highly desirable;
- Excellent networking, coordination and partnership building skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Strong knowledge on safeguarding of children and adults-at-risk;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in programme management with international organizations;
- Excellent planning, multi task and time management skills;
- A sound understanding of project monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in working with Government institutions and civil society organisations.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s code of conduct and Safe Guarding Policy. In this regard reference checks and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearance on child related offenses in conformity with CBM safeguarding policy. CBM encourages qualified women and persons with disabilities to apply for the position.
Submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Programme Officer – Inclusive Eye Health (IEH)” on the subject of the email. Indicate expected salary in the application letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 August 2021