Programme Development Officer (Country Office)
- Post Date:September 23, 2021
- Views 561
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Base Town: Harare
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe seeks to recruit a junior Programme Development Officer who will be responsible for providing field support to the project/program activities.
The programme and development expert will be responsible for :
- Identifying, examining and assessing (pre-selecting) new project ideas on the basis of the country or regional programme as well as the concept papers and orientation framework,
- Ensuring compliance with Welthungerhilfe’s quality standards when partner organisations prepare project planning documents,
- Preparing internal project documents/PROMIS in coordination with Finance units (cost and financing plans),
- Identifying co-financing options and negotiating with co-financers in agreement with the CD, dCD and Head Office, preparing co-financing applications; identifying potential new project partners;
- Controlling the implementation of projects and programmes according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards, intervention if deviations from planning framework occur, and supervision of use of funds and financial requirements;
- Ensuring reporting occurs correctly and in due time (status and financial reports) to Head Office and the co-financers;
- Preparing and following up on planning studies, evaluations and use of audits and controlling the implementation of the appropriate results;
- Involvement in the planning, implementation and development of country and regional programmes in agreement with the CD/dCD;
- Involvement in medium-term financial planning for the region;
- Advising partner organisations on organisational and conceptual matters and regarding the introduction and implementation of instruments to ensure the quality of projects and programmes;
- Identifying the training and further development requirements of partner organisations;
- Identifying potential new project partners;
- In agreement with the CD/dCD: representing Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organisations, participating in coordination committees with other relevant organisations;
- Other duties: passing on information about the political, economic and social development of the region and project regions to the CD and Head Office, preparing and providing information about projects and programmes, project holders and countries within own area of responsibility for internal and external purposes; involvement in the planning and implementation of PR activities (journalist trips, media, publications, etc.)
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Undergraduate Qualification in Development related field such as agriculture and food security, Masters degree is an added advantage,
- 3-5 years relevant field experience designing, implementing, supporting, food security programming preferably in a developing country;
- Knowledge and experience with agriculture, livelihood and nutrition, strong representation skills,
- Demonstrated interpersonal relations skills,
- Excellent analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Strong skills in program design and proposal development agriculture, food and nutrition security, development studies program development.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 27 September 2021
Related Jobs (30)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time