- Post Date:July 21, 2021
- Views 348
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Programme Coordinator is responsible for designing, planning and overall implementation of the ECHO project including budget management. The Programme Coordinator also represents GOAL at relevant and appropriate platforms and fora. The incumbent must have sound proposal development, communication, project management and budgeting skills. S/he is responsible for preparing donor reports and support the GOAL management team in developing SOPs, internal policies and guidelines for the Programme.
Responsibility 1-Key Duties
- Support in the identification, recruitment , motivation and retention of project staff.
- Develop and implement a clear implementation framework for the project
- Engage with project partners in the GBV and Child Protection sector and develop collaborative links with them
- Oversee and guide the implementation of the projects in liaison with the Project Manager, consortium technical leads and project technical leads and Advisors.
- Manage the BHA project and budget
- Represent GOAL at the Cash Working Group, Protection Working Groups, Market Linkages Association (MLA) and the Agriculture Coordination and Information Forum (ACIF) and other financial inclusion fora.
- Work with partners to establish referral pathways, mobile centres, hotlines and functional ISAL groups
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and periodic programme reports and submit to ACD-Programmes.
- Prepare Programme implementation plans together with field teams and Partners
- Provide guidance to the field teams in proper implementation of the project
- Generate donor reports for the project in adherence with contractual obligations
- Monitor partner implementation and carryout periodic partner performance assessments based on contractual agreements
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Country Director (Programme) and the Country Director
Responsibility 2-Proposal writing
- Contribute to the development of proposals and concept notes
Responsibility 3-Human Resources
- Support HR on the recruitment of staff, and in the identification of capacity building needs, organizing relevant trainings/mentoring and coaching programmes /learning visits to build expertise within the team.
- Generate staff’s monthly leave plans to ensure leave days are used up within contract
- Participate, plan and carryout performance management, and ensure that set objectives are achieved according to the performance plan
- Ensure compliance with the HR manual and any related policies
Responsibility 4-Logistics & Operations
- Advise on project vehicle requirements where necessary.
- Work with the Procurement and Logistics team to ensure that all supplies and services are procured and delivered timely
Responsibility 5-Budgets-Finance & Compliance
- Review BMTs and Forecast cash requirements and monthly expenditure as appropriate.
- Ensure that BHA or ECHO donor requirements are complied
- Hold regular meetings with Financial Controller and Donor Compliance Officer to review progress on compliance issues
- Manage project budgets and ensure programme budgets are fully spent out
- Ensure expenditure is in line with donor requirements
Responsibility 6-GOAL’s Standards of integrity
- Commit to respect the Standards of integrity.
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Standards of integrity in his/her work environment.
- Adhere to all GOAL policies.
Requirements : Technical & Functional skills skills
Consider technical or functional, knowledge, or know how, qualifications, work experience, language skills (spoken and written), IT skills (specific software or systems?), Essential skills and then desirable ones
- A good first Degree in any of the following: Agriculture, Social Science, Rural Development or equivalent.
- CaLP certification at advanced level
- At least five years’ experience in implementing cash programming in rural and urban areas with partners
- Ability to mentor, coach, and train others in the use of participatory methodologies and results-based programming
- Conversant with monitoring and evaluation tools and approaches
- Computer literate (MS-word, excel, PowerPoint, teams, E mail, Epi info)
- Analytical and strategic planning skills; strong organizational skills and an ability to plan projects and timetable activities.
- Experience in developing and writing proposals and concept notes.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work well with others. Be a good and exemplary team leader.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of cross cutting issues i.e HIV/AIDS, gender equity issues, environmental management, GBV, Child Protection, and their relevance to humanitarian response work is an added advantage.
- A Master’s in development studies
- Experience in managing large grants concurrently
- Experience in managing vouchers and cash for work
Requirements : GOAL Competencies : no more than 5 (See GOAL competencies Framework)
- Competency 1 and description (level)
- Competency 2 and description (level)
- Competency 3 etc…
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
If you are interested, apply no later than Friday 23 July, 2021
Related Jobs (11)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021