Program Partnership Manager Consultancy (INT7824)
- Post Date:September 2, 2021
- Views 392
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Region: Southern Africa
Job Family: Programme
Job Type: Consultancy
Duration: 7 Months
Location: Any of Southern African Countries (Malawi / Mozambique / Zambia / Zambia) where candidate has the right to work.
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty. Around the world, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
As a confederation, our values are Accountability, Empowerment and Inclusiveness.
Empowerment: Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can be a catalyst for change.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam started working in Southern Africa (SAF) in the 1980s. Since then, we have implemented both development and humanitarian programmes to support practical and innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty.
We work with local stakeholders to find lasting solutions to the root causes which keep people in poverty. Oxfam is currently collaborating with the Government, international and local CSOs, UN Agencies and other stakeholders.
Oxfam envisions SAF free of extreme inequality and injustice; a society where citizens and particularly women across all age groups claim and exercise their rights and responsibilities and can influence decisions that affect their lives.
Our regional program aims to promote women’s rights, good governance and accountability, resilient livelihoods, as well as enhance preparedness, reduce vulnerability to disaster and ensure an effective response to humanitarian crises.
The Programme Partnership Manager will work with the SAF programme teams and support implementation of the SAF Partnership Framework. They will be supporting the teams and partners to ensure a shift from transactional to transformational partnerships that will drive the ambition of SAF as outlined in the strategy.
- Minimum requirement is a university degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Law, International Development, or other relevant experience;
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement partnership engagement strategies and plans using various tools / approaches;
- Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships;
- Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills;
- Experience of skills capacity building in relation to partnerships or related areas;
- Significant experience of and proven ability to build, sustain, and manage strong partnerships and work collaboratively with a wide variety of organizations including government agencies, CSOs, NGOs, and private sector institutions;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of people development, particularly in relation to capacities and capabilities in partnership and program development;
- Excellent understanding of different aspects of quality programming (for example: partnership, participation, accountability, innovation, gender and monitoring, evaluation and learning) and how these can be incorporated into different interventions;
- Ability to develop programme design documents – including strong appreciation of theories of change (logic models, log-frames), contextual analyses (e.g. power, gender), and MEAL Plans;
- Demonstrable understanding of practices in development programming;
- Strong technical competence in research, learning and monitoring and evaluation methods theory and practice, and, good critical grasp of latest sector thinking, codes, standards and practice;
- Evidence of leadership of impact assessment processes within an INGO or other institution;
- Superior verbal and written communications skills in English with ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues;
- Strong proven ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs;
- Excellent computer skills, including various office applications and internet navigation;
- Ability to work in a cross regional Team and support work across the region.
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment – as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career. Oxfam is committed to providing a competitive compensation package based on a 40-hour work week.
If your qualifications meet the requirements, and you believe in Oxfam values, please apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
Deadline: 15 September 2021
Related Jobs (55)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (D,M&E) Coordinator -Education on October 25, 2021 Contract