- Post Date:February 24, 2021
- Views 527
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare and Bulawayo
The Future of Hope Foundation (TFoHF), is a registered PVO founded in 2013. Our Mission is to capacitate, collaborate with, support and mentor marginal and vulnerable members of society through entrepreneurial and self-development initiatives. We facilitate research and training in innovative initiatives that provide for and promote sustainable food, nutrition, and income security to improve the conditions necessary for every member of society to become self-reliant and to reach their full potential. The organisation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against gender, religion, race, creed culture or sexual diversity and believes in safeguarding both employees and communities.
The Program Officers (PO) will be responsible for overseeing programs development, seeking grants, writing proposals, managing and coordinating the implementation of assigned projects and budgets. The PO should be mission-driven, team-oriented and have a can-do approach in supporting the growth of an innovative and growing non-profit organization in a variety of ways. Candidates should possess excellent analytical skills, strong writing skills, excellent time management and interpersonal skills, and be passionate and dedicated to promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and women and the general grassroots development. Key values include consistency, commitment, energy, and positivity. Applicants must be prepared to travel extensively, to all provinces where TFoHF is engaged and must have a clean class 4 drivers’ licence and be fluent in both Shona and Ndebele.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of all aspects of the project being implemented by TFoHF;
- Coordination of community training, establishment of hubs and ISALS groups for women.
- Supporting staff, volunteers and communities to implement the project in line with TFoHF and relevant Government Ministries requirements,
- Coordination of the registration of people benefiting from the programmes in the districts.
- Development of systems of community support and liaison and of monitoring the delivery of the project in the districts,
- Ensuring appropriate follow-up on emergency situations and emergency cases;
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of the project;
- Liaison with the Director, and MEAL Officer together with Field Officers in the planning and implementation of project activities in their areas;
- Organisation, supervision, evaluation and training of Field Officers and other support staff in the delivery of project activities;
- Maintenance of channels of communication with all partners in the project and representation of TFoHF on relevant forums linked to the organization.
- Ensuring that coordination and synergy exists between TFoHF programmes;
- Ensuring the safety and proper use of all TFoHF equipment under the officers’ responsibility;
- Documentation and consolidation of all activities being implemented including workshop reports, monthly, quarterly and summative reports;
- Complying with all funder documentation requirements;
- Liaison with the funders and the TFoHF national office in all aspects of projects being implemented.
- Any other duties reasonably assigned by the Director in conjunction with the project.
The Program Officers should have
- A university degree level qualification, or equivalent, in Social Sciences, Development Work, Business Administration or related field.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience of work in the NGO sector;
- Experienced, efficient and organized in online and remote work;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and ability to learn new technologies and software quickly.
- She/he must have extensive experience in the supervision of staff and a good understanding of social issues affecting vulnerable children and women and livelihoods of the general grassroots.
- Professional competency in Shona and/or Ndebele preferred.
Please submit a maximum of 3-page Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to the attention of Human Resources. All applications must be sent by email to [email protected] and please ensure your email subject clearly reads the position applied for.
Given the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, no hard copies will be accepted.
Deadline: On a rolling basis but not later than 5 March 2021