- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 295
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Based in Harare
Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT) is an independent Zimbabwean entity registered as a local Trust in August of 2012 (MA/909/2012). PZAT strives to transform the lives of people living with and affected by HIV by working to ensure their access to quality and comprehensive HIV and sexual health services delivered in safe and supportive environments. PZAT has led and engaged in several programmatic and research activities focused on women in partnership with the MoHCC and academic, local and multinational partners.
PZAT is looking to engage a Program Officer for their project in Harare. The Program Officer will be based in Harare with frequent travel around the country for data collection. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of activities aimed at planning and introduction of new HIV prevention technologies in-country. S/he will report to the Senior Programs Manager.
February 2021 to September 2021, renewable upon availability of funding
Key duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Oversees and coordinates the planning and implementation of the program and its activities;
- Conduct primary, quantitative and qualitative data collection for the various program activities;
- Supervises and coordinates program data including collection, verification, processing and analysis;
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of statistics and demonstrated ability to supervise and/or manage data collection activities and implementing quality assurance;
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g. STATA, SAS or SPSS is a must;
- Proficiency in at least qualitative software package e.g NVIVO, Dedoose or ATLASti is a must;
- Excellent writing, reporting and presentation skills, including fluency in English and one or more of the local languages spoken (e.g. Shona and/or Ndebele);
- Great inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Attend and contribute to key platforms such as Technical Working Groups on PrEP related interventions;
- Work closely with MoHCC, implementation partners and community level stakeholders for planning and Introduction of new HIV prevention technologies;
- Support growth and program development;
- Maintaining budget and tracking expenditures/transactions.
Qualifications, experience, and key competencies required
- A degree in social science, public health or healthcare related field.
- A postgraduate qualification in public health or related disciplines is an added advantage;
- 3-5 years working in HIV prevention, care and treatment programs; comprehensive knowledge and experience in research methodology and protocols;
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis, program monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated supervisory and program coordination and implementation experience, excellent planning and organizational skills, Competent in multi-level stakeholder engagement;
- Advanced oral & written communication skills,
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft packages;
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software to support program implementation.
- Well-developed oral and written communication, statistical, organizational and analytical skills.
- Clean class 4 Drivers License.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and detailed CV, clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject section of the email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6 February 2021 (COB)