Program Officer (Zimbabwe)
- Post Date:June 29, 2021
- Views 505
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
An international non-governmental organization is seeking resumes/CVs for a Program Officer for a citizen engagement, constitutionalism and disinformation / misinformation program.
The Program Officer (PO) will work as part of the organizational’s program team and be responsible for developing program proposals, implementing program activities, contributing to the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) efforts, writing of programmatic reports and developing activity budgets. The Program Officer will report directly to the Resident Program Director (RPD).
Within the framework of democracy development, organization has implemented political party, youth, gender equality, polling, civil society, election monitoring, and voter education programs. In all, activities have been conducted in more than 80 countries with integrated programmatic and operational components. The organization attributes its success to:
- Talented, passionate, and professional staff;
- Sound financial management and accountability;
- Comprehensive support to partners;
- Effective grants management and compliance;
- Procurement integrity;
- Modern information technologies;
- Commitment to program integration.
Scope of Work
- Research, write and edit time-sensitive program documents and budgets, activity reports, funding proposals, and training materials;
- Provide efficient and timely action on administrative and financial matters, written assignments and submission of reports;
- Monitor budgets and expenditures for assigned program areas, and negotiating and preparing contracts, sub-grants, and other financial and project implementation documents;
- Execute and administer program events to ensure that reporting requirements are met, projects remain within budget allocations, and program objectives are completed on schedule;
- Update and maintain program resource files and program participants’ contacts for purposes of communications, monitoring, evaluation and internal reporting;
- Cultivate relationships and communicate with relevant local partners and stakeholders, and members of the diplomatic and donor community on behalf of his/her supervisor, and represent the organization at public functions;
- Work in concert with the Program Team to monitor and evaluate the performance of the organization and partner organizations program activities, identifying successes and failures and recommending program adjustments accordingly;
- Manage projects and objectives, and lead the development of work product in collaboration with other staff;
- Travel to various parts of Zimbabwe, as necessary to support program implementation, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation, and Perform any other duties assigned to support specific program objectives or other work in Zimbabwe.
- A university graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Public Policy, Law or a related subject;
- A Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant professional experience in either international development, democratic governance, civil society, policymaking, or law;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and at least one other Zimbabwean language;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven capacity to create clear and concise proposals and reports;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, and a strong familiarity with desktop publishing software, social media and online applications;
- Must be able to travel independently
- Proficient in grant management and basic accounting skills necessary to draft and oversee program budgets and disbursement of funds;
- Experience implementing projects for international donor funded programs;
- Ability to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems to measure impact and effectiveness of programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge or competency in civic education, constitutional development, devolution processes or local governance programs;
- Proven capacity to analyze the regional political and electoral environment.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with Zimbabwe Program Officer in Subject.
Deadline: 8 July 2021
Related Jobs (7)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021