Program Officer Peace and Governance (Chitungwiza Based)
- Post Date:March 1, 2022
- Views 334
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Contract: Fixed-term (6 months) – March 2022 to September 2022 with possible extension subject to incumbent performance and availability of funds.
A community based organization operating in greater Harare, Chitungwiza and its peripheries is looking for a programmes officer with 2 years’ experience in Peace and governance programming. The organization’s main mission is to build the capacity of young people as well as provide them with support and platforms for engagement in pursuit of holistic empowerment.
Responsibilities for this job include, but are not limited to:
- Resource mobilization;
- Direct supervision and directing team members;
- Data gathering & documentation;
- Development and presentation of workshop materials;
- Active participation in the M & E;
- Manages and implements community related activities throughout relevant project cycles;
- Ensures efficient and effective implementation in line with the program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices;
- Ensures that project teams use the appropriate systems and tools;
- Engages communities through an in-depth, iterative processes, as well as collecting & identifying challenges and opportunities within communities.
- A holder of a relevant degree in a Peace and Governance, Development work or related field;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in women’s empowerment, civic education, gender equity and equality and interventions in Gender Based Violence;
- History in voluntary work is a must;
- Demonstrated experience in community and social mobilization;
- Experience and skills in networking;
- Understands and speaks fluently both Shona, English and any other native language;
- Able and willing to travel for up to 50% of the time;
- The candidate must be resident in Chitungwiza.
Send your application and CV to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 4 March 2022
Related Jobs (19)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022