- Post Date:September 9, 2021
- Views 382
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Regional Infrastructure Finance Facility (RIFF) is an Investment Project Financing, with a credit line of US$ 415 million and a grant of US$ 10 million as grant from Investment Development Association (IDA). The borrowers are the Trade and Development Bank (TDB) and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) Secretariat.
The objective of the project is to expand long-term finance to private firms in selected infrastructure sectors in Eastern and Southern Africa. The project shall be implemented between the years 2020 to 2025 in line with the components summarized in the table below.
The Project Components and Details
Project and Infrastructure Finance Facility (US$ 325 million). This credit line will provide long-term finance to project finance and infrastructure subprojects that meet development impact criteria
COVID Infrastructure Sector SME Response (US$ 75 million). This component will facilitate access to debt financing to Solar Home-Systems (SHS) SMEs operating in Southern and Eastern Africa COMESA
Capacity Building and Technical Assistance (US$ 15 million). This subcomponent will provide the needed expertise to support TDB’s strategic decision to scale-up project and infrastructure finance and strengthen its capacity on Environmental &Social safeguards.
- Technical Assistance (US$ 10 million). This sub-component will support COMESA Secretariat and its member countries and market participants to expand the regional infrastructure finance market and build the foundations for a regional off-grid energy market.
Components 1 and 2 and 3(a) shall be implemented by TDB while Component 3 (b) shall be implemented by the COMESA Secretariat. The primary Project beneficiaries will be the private firms and labor force in the COMESA region involved in supply, construction and operation of infrastructure projects. The private firms will benefit from TDB’s long-term finance under the RIFF, but also through technology transfers and know-how, which is an indicator that is being tracked by TDB to measure the impact of its intervention.
TDB will be able to mobilize greater amounts of investment from capital markets, institutional investors and syndications. Similarly, TDB will benefit from the institutional strengthening activities envisioned under Component 3(a), thereby enhancing their ability to support infrastructure finance in the region. Several aspects of Component 3(a) are managed by the Trade and Development Fund, a subsidiary of TDB Group.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the assignment is to acquire the services of a qualified Program Officer (PO) (Consultant) to support the overall planning, coordination, execution, monitoring, and successful implementation of the Technical Assistance program and provide overall support to the Trade and Development Fund (TDF) team on program management tasks. S/he will assist in managing and coordinating day-to-day project activities, from all substantive, administrative and financial matters ensuring strategic planning and systematic coordination of programs.
Using the World Bank RIFF funds, TDB is therefore, seeking to appoint a consultant with proven international program management track record defined by the required qualifications/competencies below to serve as Program Officer within TDF.
TDF houses the Group’s targeted initiatives for innovative, inclusive and sustainable solutions in the region through the effective use of blended finance, capacity building and special programmes.
The Program Officer shall deliver the following outputs:
- Project Annual / Quarterly Work Plans, Budgets, Up-to-date Procurement plans, and Progress / Final implementation status and financial reports;
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports on all project related activities;
- Draft Interim Financial Reports (IFR); and status reports/updates on procurement, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- Documentation of all correspondences during implementation of project related activities;
SCOPE OF WORK
The Program Officer will support implementation of TDF’s programs ensuring effective and efficient planning, and execution of interventions including capacity building, SME programming and TA activities. S/he will facilitate daily practical management of the activities and internal team coordination. The Program Officer will work closely with the Technical Assistance team, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, and Procurement Specialist to perform the following tasks:
- Lead and perform Program Officer’s roles that includes, among other: planning, coordination, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the project activities to enable achievement of program objectives.
- Facilitate the day-to-day activities related to the management and implementation of the Technical Assistance component including procurement; project monitoring and evaluation; financial management; and progress and financial reporting,
- Ensure effective and compliant utilization of various donors’ funds by tracking expenditures as per donor requirement and providing technical support based on best practice in resource management,
- Assist in maintaining: (i) an up-to-date work plan and procurement plan with budget and (ii) timely submission of interim financial reports (IFRs) and project account projections,
- Support in and ensure timely the preparation of annual work plans and budgets, quarterly work plans, budgets, updated procurement plans, and progress implementation status and financial reports,
- Prepare and or as appropriate assist in the preparation of varied reports including progress reports, annual reports, project completion report and other reports that may be required by the stakeholders,
- Assist in drafting Terms of References and work closely with the Procurement Specialist to ensure timely and accurate submissions of procurement documentations,
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals, and flag potential obstacles,
- Support overall management of the TA program activities and facilitate internal coordination supporting technical teams to deliver on their TA commitments,
- Provide feedback as necessary to TDB Technical Teams and contracted consultants,
- Monitor risks and perform risk management /mitigation to minimize delays in implementation,
- Create and maintain comprehensive program documentation, and
- Undertake any other tasks directly related to the efficient execution of assigned position as requested.
The Program Officer will report administratively to the TDF’s Director General and will work closely day to day with the Technical Assistance Coordinator.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Project Management, Public Policy/Administration or related development studies degree;
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience working with and or on donor funded projects including donors such as the World Bank, AfDB, USAID or other global donors/ multinational organizations;
- Experience in coordinating and implementing technical assistance programs for a minimum of 4 years;
- Proven track record in program management including planning, coordinating, monitoring and reporting;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience implementing technical assistance and organisational capacity building programs in developing countries
- Robust grants management experience of grants/funds provided by international donors such as the World Bank, African Development Bank or comparable institutions with at least 5 years’ experience
- Excellent writing skills with proven ability to draft, edit and produce complex reports including project reports, concept notes, program briefs, program proposals and resultsfocused reports
- Experience preparing reports for Senior Management and Board documents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; communication skills in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage
- Ability to engage effectively with stakeholders both internal sponsors and external high-level partners
- Computer literacy in the use of office applications (e.g. office software packages; MS Word, Excel, Power Point, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of infrastructure finance; and procurement procedures and processes particularly in tender documents preparation using World Bank Procurement rules is an added advantage
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Results-oriented and collaborative
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to mobilize and coordinate a wide range of partners
- Good Communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to prepare concise, timely, analytical and informative documentation
- Ability to work effectively in virtual teams.
- Draft and or final periodic reports on project activities for varied audience
- Monthly progress reports
- Documentation of all correspondences during implementation of TA activities
- Project monitoring reports (Monthly, quarterly, and annual reports) in accordance with reporting requirements
- Project Completion Report
- Monthly Progress Reports within 7 (seven) days of the end of the month on the project implementation / achievements during the month and plans for the next month,
- Summary of progress against project’s performance indicators on a quarterly basis,
- Draft Final Report of the Program Officer’s work three weeks before the end of the assignment, and
- Final Report of the Program Officer’s work, one week after receiving comments from PIT.
Two (2) years with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds for continued project implementation and satisfactory performance. The initial contract period shall include a six (6) months probationary period.
Attractive remuneration (negotiable) based on applicant’s qualification and experience.
The position is based in Harare, Zimbabwe
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by Friday, September 17, 2021 2300 GMT +3 by email to [email protected]
Applications should include a resume, academic and professional certificates, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (59)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract