Program Manager – Gender M&E Specialist
- Post Date:July 29, 2021
- Views 366
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Position Term & Type: Full time one year contract position with possibility of renewal
Position Location: Zimbabwe/Online
Founded in 2008, P.H.O.E.B.E. is a registered charity that helps women and children from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, and migrant communities who suffer because of poverty, mental health, isolation, low self-esteem, financial difficulties, and domestic abuse. Our services include domestic violence support, counselling, self-esteem workshops, ESOL classes, welfare and practical support, amongst others. Our work takes place predominantly in Ipswich, Suffolk, as this is an area with a high level of disadvantaged people per population. We always take an intersectional approach to our work and awareness raising of women’s equality issues.
Grants and proposal writing:
- Lead in the writing of funding proposals
Monitoring and Evaluation Management:
- Contribute to the update of tools and guidelines and provide ongoing coaching to program staff to ensure the effective monitoring and evaluation of programming results and impact in accordance with development project best practices and the terms and conditions of relevant donor agreements;
- Working closely with the Director for Program Planning and Operations, support the development of Results-Based-Project Management frameworks for new project proposals;
- Design, implement and manage an objective M&E framework and associated processes to assess the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the P.H.O.E.B.E.’s capacity building and programmatic output.
Women’s Mental health Project (including GBV):
- Establish monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures with partner organizations in Zimbabwe and the UK and provide direct support with data collection, analysis and documentation of in-country project activities, to ensure completeness, comparability and quality control;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation of the project’s outputs and outcomes and ensure timely production and submission of narrative reports to the project’s donor, including mid-year and annual narrative reports, as well as annual work plans;
- Ensure that a gender equality and intersectional lens is applied to the planning, delivery and evaluation of all project activities in-line with international requirements and provide coaching to ensure compliance by partner organizations.
Gender Equality Program Delivery:
- As needed, assume leadership and oversight for the implementation of designated program activities (training sessions, conferences, missions and inter-country meetings), including the development of activity budgets, liaising with partners, overseeing operational, communications and protocol arrangements, and managing activity expenditures within established budgets in accordance with PHOEBE procurement and finance procedures;
- Update / develop guidelines and tools to support activity planning and implementation;
- Provide guidance and supervision for the communications / operational support staff in the planning and on-site delivery of PHOEBE activities;
- Draft / review publications, declarations, press statements, reports, briefings, website content, etc. as needed, with particular attention to consistency in the positioning, political neutrality and strategic voice of the organization;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to strengthen the engagement of PHOEBE Board of Directors and staff to channel their knowledge, advice and support to enhance PHOEBE programming;
- Contribute to and take the lead in the preparation of PHOEBE’s annual work plan and progress reports for the board of directors and donors;
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of partnerships with regional and international organizations and agencies, including the identification of external resources (new partners/donors) to support PHOEBEs’ programming;
- Support team members and take on other tasks and duties as required for the delivery of PHOEBEs programming;
- Travel as required to support implementation of project activities.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of international development project management experience is required – including sound knowledge of work planning, budgeting and financial control, results based management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Strong writing abilities and experience preparing narrative and financial reports for project donors using requirements applied by funders;
- Work experience on development projects in developing countries;
- Extensive technical experience with projects focused on civil society strengthening, and the empowerment of women and girls;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in partnership with civil society organizations using participatory approaches under tight deadlines, with an emphasis on quality outcomes;
- Excellent capacity building skills, with demonstrated experience in training, coaching and facilitation
- Candidate will be working remotely online.
- We require fully qualified applicants at Masters level only, with solid experience in working with women and girls.
Send your CV to [email protected]
Application deadline: 20/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent one year contract renewed annually depending on performance.
Salary – $US1512.33 per month
Related Jobs (54)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract