- Post Date:June 14, 2021
- Views 620
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Harare (with frequent travel to the districts of operation- Mudzi & Mberengwa)
Duration: 15 months
Please be advised that the position is contingent upon contract award and client approval.
About the Project
The project is a multi-sector early recovery, risk reduction and resilience program which seeks to restore food/nutrition security and reactivate livelihoods among vulnerable households in Mudzi and Mberengwa districts of Zimbabwe. The project goal aligns with USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) mission of reducing poverty and helping people emerge from humanitarian crises and progress beyond assistance; specifically, through the ER4 lens, the program seeks to improve the capacity of vulnerable households to recover from, and adapt to shocks and stresses. The project will work closely with the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Fisheries, Water and Rural Resettlement and other key partners.
Purpose of the Position
The Program Manager will provide leadership in the implementation of Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) project, ensuring all aspects of the project are completed within scope, budget and stipulated time frame. He/She will ensure information is available to directors, Technical Program Manager, RDDE Team Leader and other teams on the implementation of the project. He/She ensures donor regulation compliance in all processes and ensures the team is completing tasks within the stipulated timeframe.
- Coordinate with BHA Desk Office and WVUS Support Office. Lead in key technical areas, including Design, Monitoring & Evaluation ensuring streamlined and adherence to humanitarian, BHA, WVI standards.
- Influencing key internal and external stakeholders for country humanitarian action
- Work closely with the Districts Coordinators and field teams on ensuring implementing, monitoring, accounting and reporting of the project is done as per donor and World Vision requirements.
- Ensure all BHA project aspects are implemented in accordance with the Food Security and Health and Nutrition Cluster Guidance and according to Sphere Standards
- Ensure that the project is implemented as per approved project design, log frame and plan of action. Ensuring staff have a full commitment to set out duties for successful implementation as per schedule with quality reporting and correct documentation
Develop collaborative internal and external relationships
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with BHA, WV US Support Office and other departments within the National office
- Actively participating in the Food Security and Livelihoods department leadership team, supporting the development and delivery of the response strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with, the host government, donor agencies , UN agencies and other NGOs to influence these bodies and promote WV’s lead contribution in the humanitarian field.
Assessment and Program Designing
- Initial and sector specific assessments completed and data analysed to guide programming decisions in programming areas.
- Do no harm/LCP, gender, humanitarian protection mainstreaming and disability are considered in assessment and design.
- Strategy developed with an integrated focus to meet the needs of the affected community, particularly for women and children.
Financial & Human Resources Management
- Financial expenditure for project activities tracked in conjunction with programs and finance team, and in compliance with WV financial and donor standards.
- Revision of program budget is done in conjunction with the grant finance officer, the donor and Support Office. Monthly cash projections are prepared and submitted to the National Office finance team in a timely manner. Purchases and requisitions are completed as per program budget.
- Recruitment, capacity building and performance management for Project staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience -:
- A degree in Social Sciences, Community Development, Agriculture, Environment Studies or any related field.
- 5 years proven experience in emergency programmes or social development with at least 2 years of that experience in food security programming. Strong project management background and team leadership experience.
- Technical expertise, particularly in design and implementation of projects in the sector of relief or development, with some expertise in project management and implementation.
- Experience in managing Food Security and Livelihoods programs over US$1 million in multiple implementation locations.
- Humanitarian competencies including standards (Sphere, HAP, IASC guidelines etc.).
- Experience in liaison and coordination with government, multilateral and bilateral donors on the design and implementation of Food Security and Livelihoods programs.
- Management of integrated community based Livelihoods programs.
- Training skills and Team management skills.
- Good report and document production skills (quality, accurate, smart).
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 18 June 2021