Program Facilitator (Bulawayo)
- Post Date:August 16, 2021
- Views 452
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Program Facilitator – Bulawayo Program Area
Reporting to the Program Area Manager, the Program Facilitator is responsible for facilitating community participation in programs and production of Building Relationship (BR) communications including the integration of program and BR activities in the field.
Community mobilization and facilitation
- Facilitate project design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the assigned area of operation
- Facilitate effective participation of children, families, communities and stakeholders in programming activities
- Facilitate the integration of program and sponsorship activities in the field
Coordination and Networking
- Establish good working relations with children, families, community leadership, community based organizations (CBOs), government extension staff and other stakeholders at ward and village levels
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and networks at ward and village levels
- Create community awareness on Sponsorship processes and development education
- Monitor and follow up on Sponsored Children
- Promote integration of Sponsorship and program processes at field level
- Facilitate production of quality Sponsorship products to meet set deadlines
- Promote child rights based programming at field level
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
- Promote and abide by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Report all incidents and concerns on child abuse to the line manager
- A Diploma/Degree in Social Work, Development Studies or related discipline from a recognized institute.
- A clean class 3 riders’ licence
- Willingness to ride a motorbike
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Knowledge of Isindebele is an added advantage
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination
- Ability to develop, motivate and coach and mentor others
- Promotes high quality programs
- Having initiative and able to work independently
- Promotes innovation and learning in program facilitation
- Communicates clearly and effectively on child rights programming
- Confident in taking initiative and exploring new opportunities
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Bulawayo)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 17 August 2021
Related Jobs (11)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time