- Post Date:December 6, 2021
- Views 650
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Program Facilitator – Enhancing Community Resilience and Sustainability Project (ECRAS) – Chiredzi Program Area
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Program Facilitator represents Plan at district and provincial stake holder forums on development interventions and facilitates ward level planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund (ZRBF) funded ECRAS
- Facilitate community involvement in conceptualization, development, management and monitoring and evaluation of the ECRAS Project at ward level
- Facilitate community empowerment and capacity building through linkages and collaboration with partners operating at ward level
- Facilitate community participation in innovation approaches in resilience building such as Participatory Scenario Planning (PSP); Community Adaption Action Planning (CAAP); Climate Information User Platforms (CIUP) and Community Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM)
- Facilitate formation and training of Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLA)
- Promote formation and training of farmer groups in climate smart agricultural practices (conservation agriculture, water harvesting nutrition gardening, small grain seed multiplication, livestock production etc) in a n integrated manner
- Facilitate establishment of community gender dialogue platforms and engagement of youth gender champions in project activities
- Facilitate dissemination of information to communities including children are well versed in child protection and all child protection incidents and concerns (in area of operation) are promptly and accurately reported
- All partners and relevant others including children and communities are trained and have access to the Safeguarding Policy, are aware of its contents and clear about the responsibilities it places on them
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
- Promote and abide by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Report all incidents and concerns on child abuse to the line manager
- A Diploma/Degree in Agriculture, Development Studies or equivalent
- A clean class 3/4 riders’ licence
- Willingness to ride a motorbike
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Ability to work in teams, communicate and coordinate with Government departments and other agencies at various levels
- Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination
- Promotes innovation and learning in program facilitation
- Communicates clearly and effectively on child rights programming
- Confident in taking initiative and exploring new opportunities
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace.
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Chiredzi)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 9 December 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time