Program Development Coordinator - (210002WQ)
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 748
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Programme Development Coordinator will work with Head of Programme Development and Quality to identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, lead the new business and proposal decision, design and development process for all funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow out portfolio effectively. She/he will write sections of proposals that speak to our overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of Technical Advisors, Operations and field office implementation staff, Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets. Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the PDC will be expected to stay closely informed about the progress of all major institutional grants and able to speak to results in key reporting documents, including supporting on some review of large strategic reports. She/he will be located in Harare with frequent travel to the field. The role has an external orientation, but also works very closely with SC Members and a matrix relationship with the East and Southern Africa Regional Office’s New Business Development teams.
Contract Duration: 2 years
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Skilled in social sciences, humanities or development with a minimum of a relevant first degree.
- Recommended 5-7 years’ experience in both an emergency and development contexts.
- Proven track record in producing winning bids, proposals, and reports for institutional donors, corporations and others.
- Proven ability to design high quality programs.
- Excellent coordination, organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets.
- Proven representation skills.
- Cultural awareness mastering and ability to work in an international environment with people from many diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 13 May 2021
N.B: This is an emergency deployment therefore applicants will be on rolling basis as they come, as such the advert may close if a suitable candidate is found before the due date.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (33)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract