Program Coordinator Wild4Life
- Post Date:April 29, 2021
- Views 389
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Based in Harare
Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT) is an independent Zimbabwean entity registered as a local trust in August of 2012 (MA/909/2012) and as a PVO in 2020 (10/20). PZ strives to transform the lives of underserved populations by working to increase access to quality, responsive, evidence based, client-centered comprehensive health services through facility and community engagement and policy advocacy. PZAT has led and engaged in several programmatic and research activities focused on key populations in partnership with the MOHCC and academic, local and multinational partners. This position is for the Wild4Life Programme, which supports the delivery of primary health services in the Matabeleland Region.
PZAT is looking to engage a Wild4Life Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will be based in Harare but covering Wild4Life districts in Matabeleland with up to 30% to travel to the region including Hwange, Binga and Lupane. The Coordinator will work with the Wild4Life Program Director to support program delivery, ensure that the day-to-day delivery of the project is on track and meeting its objectives, fundraise and oversee donor reporting and grant-writing. S/he will manage the preparation and timely submission of program and donor reports, and other documentation for sharing with stakeholders. S/he will also represent the Wild4Life Programme at national level, within technical working groups, and maintain Harare-based partner relationships. S/he will report to the Programme Director of the Wild4Life Programme and the Executive Director of PZAT.
- May 2021 to April 2022, renewable upon availability of funding
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Programme Director, responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day delivery of the project is on track and meeting its objectives;
- Work with Programme Director and team to complete quarterly reports on time;
- Managing the preparation and timely submission of program and donor reports, and other documentation for sharing with stakeholders;
- Fundraising for the Wild4Life Programme and acting as point of contact for Wild4Life donors;
- Serve as the Harare-based programme contact;
- Consolidating Wild4Life results to identify trends and barriers to accessing HIV services across sites on a quarterly basis;
- Documenting and disseminating best practices;
- Supporting finance team ensuring that programme requests and expenditures by the programme team are reasonable, allowable, and allocable;
- Ensuring project delivers expected results and meets the set targets;
- Be a link between PZAT, MOHCC, donors and field staff.
Qualifications, experience, and key competencies required
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences;
- A postgraduate qualification in public health or related disciplines is an added advantage;
- 3-5 years NGO working experience in HIV/TB prevention, care and treatment programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in PEPFAR programmes and understanding of PEPFAR/CDC/USAID rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in HIV & AIDS program monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in Capacity building and mentoring to promote community-facility linkages is required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills,
- Competent in multi-level stakeholder engagement;
- Advanced oral & written communication skills,
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft packages;
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software to support program implementation.
- Excellent participatory training skills, inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively is key.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g., STATA, SAS, or SPSS.
- Analytical skills and excellent writing, reporting and presentation skills, including fluency in English and one or more of the local languages spoken (e.g., Shona and/or Ndebele) is a must.
- Clean class 4 Drivers License
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and detailed CV, clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject section of the email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7 May 2021
Related Jobs (31)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract