Program Coordinator (DREAMS Program)
- Post Date:May 4, 2022
- Views 451
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Technical Assistance, Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Program Coordinator – DREAMS Program. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) Program. ZimPAAC DREAMS consortium comprising of three local partners implements DREAMS activities in four districts in Matabeleland North Province (Bubi, Nkayi, Tsholotsho and Lupane). The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The position reports to the Senior Program Manager and provides hands on support and monitoring of the Zim-TTECH DREAMS scope of work to support national HIV prevention strategies in conjunction with Zim-TTECH’s DREAMS Senior Program Manager, Zim-TTECH Head office staff and ZimPAAC DREAMS Consortium Partners.
- Coordinate Zim-TTECH DREAMS capacity building activities including monitoring performance of the various cadres (Program Officer, DREAMS Team Leads) to ensure layering of DREAMS activities across all interventions to ensure program implementation with fidelity at various entry points such as schools, health facilities, community inclusive of safe spaces and safe hubs and working closely with staff in the MOHCC National DREAMS program to support capacity development of various DREAMS cadres (program staff, health care workers, community health care workers and lay cadres) to provide quality layered DREAMS services;
- Provide appropriate and updated program input in the development and adaptation of various PEPFAR approved curricula and training material, development of monthly / quarterly and annual work plans, including identifying deliverables and tracking progress of MER, custom and supplementary indicators;
- Provide technical support to district and provincial level staff to ensure DREAMS program is implemented with fidelity at all service points, identifying training needs, developing Standard Operating Procedures, job aides, and conducting on the job training, coaching and guidance on quality improvement on DREAMS related services including use of national M&E tools in line with PEPFAR COP program direction and MoHCC DREAMS guidelines;
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate DREAMS critical meetings, representing Zim-TTECH in relevant stakeholder and TWG meetings e.g DREAMS review meetings and other relevant coordination meetings as well as PEPFAR / CDC / MOHCC organized meetings and support visits;
- The successful candidate plays a critical role in identifying program gaps, plan and execute corrective strategies and monitor progress, ensuring timeous submission of reports;
- In liaison with Zim-TTECH SIE Senior Program Manager, DREAMS M&E Manager and working closely with ZimPAAC DREAMS consortium partners Strategic Information Coordinators, track and monitor consortium program activities in line with program objectives and set targets, providing programmatic input in program data analysis to come up with data supported program performance improvement interventions;
- In liaison with DREAMS SPM and ZimPAAC consortium Lead persons, develop and share program progress reports with key stakeholders-MOHCC, CDC, I-TECH / UW program staff as required.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Health or Social Sciences or related qualifications;
- Post graduate training in Public Health, Project Management, or any other relevant post graduate training is a distinct consideration;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HIV / TB program activities- experience in one of the following areas: Implementing DREAMS program, working with key and vulnerable populations such as adolescents and young people, orphans and YWSS, implementing USG funded programs particularly CDC funded programs and working with MoHCC is an added advantage;
- Experience training and conducting meetings is desirable, excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and people management skills capable of communicating efficiently, problem-solving and sound decision-making capacity, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively in a demanding environment;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet and fluency in both English and main local languages;
- The candidate must have ability to work independently and collaboratively and be willing to travel extensively within and outside Mat North Province.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to The Human Resources Manager to: [email protected]
Deadline: 6 May 2022
Related Jobs (20)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022