Productive Asset Creation (PAC) Engineer
- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 366
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Duty station: Gweru
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental Organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner Organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
- To facilitate, design and implementation of resilience / livelihood projects as well as providing technical backstopping in the implementation of resilience / livelihood Projects within WHH.
- The Engineer will act as technical lead for all resilience / livelihood projects.
- Review engineering-related aspects of budgets and activity plans.
- Provide technical support were requested for engineering-related aspects of resilience / livelihood projects, including developing and reviewing scope of works, drawings and (bill of quantities) BOQs for specific resilience / livelihood projects where needed and advice on how to ensure good technical quality when designing, implementing and monitoring projects.
- Identification of resilience / livelihood projects, generation of site specific proposals and the implementation of resilience / livelihood projects;
- Provide any necessary engineering-related input to guidelines, tools and formats for resilience / livelihood projects as and when required;
- Compile designs including drawings, BOQs for resilience / livelihood projects, building on existing designs, implementation of designed projects and liaising with technical counterparts in local authorities to ensure compliance with technical standards;
- Facilitate and design trainings on WASH and resilience / livelihood to staff, local authorities, and stakeholders on basic engineering-related aspects of design, implementation and monitoring of resilience / livelihood projects and on sustainable water use;
- Perform any other tasks related to engineering aspects of livelihoods activities as required;
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly, Quarterly and Annual monitoring report on resilience / livelihood projects, non-Food Items distribution and collect relevant data at field level for onward discussion with the resilience / livelihood Officer to generate recommendations/ suggestions;
- Liaise with government technical line ministries and community stakeholders in the implementation of the resilience / livelihood projects;
- Promote voice of women and youth in implementation of the projects by upholding child protection policy and gender values.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering or related Programmes;
- 3-5 years post experience, preferably with an INGO implementing Resilience and livelihood interventions;
- He/she should be able to manage a team of staff as well as cooperate with other units; He/she must be keen on details and well-organized individual;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
- Effective and efficient budget/financial management skills;
- Excellent self-motivation skills;
- Excellent communications skills in English, both oral and written;
- 2 years Valid Clean Class 4 Drivers License;
- Previous experience carrying out livelihoods and food security assessments;
- Proposal development experience for resilience and livelihoods opportunities;
- Ability to work both as a motivating member and a leader of a diverse team.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Due to overwhelming responses to adverts, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 February 2021