Production of an impact video
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 430
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association, a public interest organisation which seeks to promote environmental justice, sustainable and equitable use of natural resources, democracy and good governance in the natural resources and environment sector, with the support of OXFAM and DFAT seeks the services of a videographer who will capture a high definition ten minute video documentary footage that showcases the success realised as a result of OXFAM’s support under the Inclusive and Transformative Industries in Southern Africa project.
Main Objective of the Consultancy
The key objective of the videographer is to produce a high-definition video documentary and picture footage that profiles the work of community paralegals in monitoring business and human rights cases in Gwanda and Mutoko, including profiling the impact litigation cases filed by ZELA and the results thereof. The videographer will also need to: Capture insights from duty bearers on the impact of capacity building engagements facilitated by ZELA with support from OXFAM and DFAT; Profile how paralegals and community monitors have been using the Envirobot to monitor human rights and governance issues in Gwanda and Mutoko.
N.B To advance gender equality and/or the empowerment of women and girls, the videographer must ensure that 80% of the footage captures the views of female beneficiaries.
Key Deliverables and timelines
Working closely with ZELA and OXFAM, the following deliverables are expected from the Consultant within two weeks of engagement:
- A schedule of the entire process, indicating timelines for development, production and packaging of the video;
- The Consultant is expected to produce, a reviewed and edited video packaged and delivered in the following formats – High resolution 1920×1080 version with subtitles and 1920×1080 clean version without subtitles, Web size format for uploading to online media such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, Mobile size format specifically for mobile applications like WhatsApp and Signal.
Suitable applicants should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Film/Video Production, Communications, Journalism, Television Production, Media Arts, or related area;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in producing documentaries/videos focusing on development communication;
- A strong portfolio showing technical competency and creative approaches.
The consultant will receive USD2500 being full value for services provided under this contract, including transport, accommodation, and food for the assignment duration. However, only 50% will be paid upon signing of the contract while the remainder will be settled upon meeting the deliverables.
The video recording must happen between 3 May and 14 May 2021. Proposal submission will be on a rolling basis until the deadline. The proposals can be emailed to [email protected] copying [email protected]
Deadline: 30 April 2021
Related Jobs (2)
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract