- Post Date:June 7, 2021
- Apply Before: July 1, 2021
- Views 202
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Our client offers an extensive product range of livestock feeds, feed ingredients and additives, with added distribution of many veterinary products and general livestock consultancy to the market.
It is an established market leader in the feed production and distribution sector.
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that manufacturing plant, equipment, and tools function correctly and increase manufacturing efficiencies.
The duties include building production schedules, making sure production processes stay within budgets and meet deadlines. You shall be responsible for ensuring that all nutritional products meet set technical standards and are available as dictated by the market requirements.
You MUST retain animal feeds production experience with BSc/MSc Animal Nutrition qualification with management experience.
A seasoned Veterinarian who developed interest in animal nutrition and amassed industrial experience in feed formulations would also be ideal. Strong and proven past project management experience and a record in training employees about safety and production would be a distinct advantage. A knowledge of Environmental Management Agency (EMA) and the Occupational Safety and Health – NSSA regulations is desired.
- Manage the production of the different line items manufactured in the plants
- Manage the toll manufacturing contract.
- Forecast required production from estimated budget sales figures given by Nutrition Head
- Sourcing and procuring the correct, high quality local raw materials at best price, for production.
- Ensuring packaging for all products readily available.
- Storage conditions within each plant are maintained at high standards – pest control, cleanliness etc
- Stock management of raw materials and finished products in all plants – FIFO, readily available, storage
- Quality Control:
- Motivating, supporting, and providing guidance to production staff.
- Establishing a balance between increased productivity and reduced costs of manufacturing operations.
- Setting productivity goals for each manufacturing team.
- Developing workflow policies and procedures that improve efficiency without compromising safety or quality.
- Ensuring adequate scheduling of staff.
The company is on an expansion drive with increased plant capacity projects to meet demand of products.
Please send CV to Colin Roberts at [email protected] in word format with details of current salary and benefits for review.