Procurement Systems Assistant (Harare)
- Post Date:March 6, 2021
- Views 498
- Career Level AssistantQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The role of the Procurement Assistant will be to ensure there is a sound and effective management of resources and that are efficiently utilised within project timelines and deadlines, whilst following SCI supply chain systems and procedures as well as donor guidelines.
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree/ Diploma in Purchasing Supply Chain Management, Stores Management or Logistics and Transport.
- Experienced use of Procurement systems/packages a must.
- 2 years’ experience in Purchasing environment within an INGO sector.
- Experience of working with funding from major institutional donors such as NORAD, USAID, ECHO and DFID.
- Must be self-driven, honest, and have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Good computer skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible with demonstrated ability to meet set deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 18 March 2021
N.B: This is an emergency deployment therefore applicants will be on rolling basis as they come, as such the advert may close if a suitable candidate is found before the due date.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Department: Information Technology
Type: Fixed-term contract