Procurement Officer (Grade 9)
- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 329
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Procurement Officer (Grade 9) at Nyanga Rural District Council.
Reporting to the Accounting Officer, the jobholder will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
- Preparation of annual procurement plans, individual procurement plans, procurement returns and any other procurement related reports:
- Preparation of bidding documents; preparation of contract documents and managing contracts;
- Overseeing procurement of goods, services and works for Council in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and the procurement regulations;
- Advising the Accounting Officer on all procurement matters; and
- Maintaining procurement records.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent (from a recognized institution); and
- At least 5 ‘O’ Level passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- Knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and the procurement regulations is a must;
- Membership of a recognized professional board (e.g Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) is a must;
- Previous working experience of at least three (3) years in a similar capacity is a must;
- A clean class 4 drivers’ license is a must;
- Knowledge of Local Authority business processes and/ or previous working experience in local authority environment will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must be mature (30 years and above) and have good negotiation and communication skills.
- He /She must also be able to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
Applications in own handwriting accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, should be sent by email or mail and reach the undersigned on or before 27th August 2021.
The Chief Executive Officer
Nyanga Rural District Council,
P.O. Box 7,
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.