Procurement Officer (Re-Advertisement)
- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 1453
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Procurement Officer (Grade 9) at Nyanga Rural District Council.
Reporting to the Accounting Officer, the jobholder will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
- Preparation of annual procurement plans, individual procurement plans, procurement returns and any other procurement related reports:
- Preparation of bidding documents; preparation of contract documents and managing contracts;
- Overseeing procurement of goods, services and works for Council in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and the procurement regulations;
- Advising the Accounting Officer on all procurement matters; and
- Maintaining procurement records.
The ideal candidate must be mature (30 years and above) and have good negotiation and communication skills. He/She must also be able to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply from a recognized institution.
- A Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent (from a recognized institution) will be an added advantage;
- At least 5’O’ Level passes including English Language and Mathematics is a must.
- Knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and the relevant procurement regulations is a must;
- Previous working experience of at least two (2) years in the public procurement field is a must;
- A clean Class 4 driver’s license is an added advantage;
- Membership of a recognized professional board (e.g. Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Local Authority business processes and/ or previous working experience in a local authority environment is an added advantage.
Applications in own handwriting accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, should be sent by email or mail and reach the undersigned on or before 14th April 2022.
The Chief Executive Officer
Nyanga Rural District Council,
P.O. Box 7,
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.