- Post Date:August 27, 2021
- Views 353
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
The University of Zimbabwe – Clinical Trials Research Centre (UZ-CTRC) is a centre of excellence which implements high level HIV prevention and treatment research and collaborates with a broad range of partners internationally.
University of Zimbabwe – Clinical Trials Research Centre (UZ-CTRC) is seeking a suitably trained, competent, talented, and qualified Procurement Officer based in Harare.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, supplies and managing the sourcing of quotations by the Procurement Assistant and then compiling all purchase orders and comparative bid analysis for requisite approval and authorisation.
- Report to the Procurement Committee on all procurement matters that require the committee attention and provide technical expertise to the Procurement Committee.
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Ensuring that requested goods and services are completely delivered on time and follow ups on pending orders are done.
- Ensuring that payment requests are prepared timely, signed, and submitted to Accounts.
- Ensuring that clearing documents Duty Free Certificates (DFCs), CBCA licenses and import permits are applied for timeously as soon as shipping notifications are received.
- Ensuring that customs related documents are collected from couriers once notification has been received.
- Carrying out effective supplier engagement and negotiation to ensure that the CTU gets value for money.
- Conducting supplier visits and assessments together with a member of the Procurement Committee to ensure that new suppliers are duly vetted and registered in the suppliers list as per Procurement SOP.
- Ensuring that subordinates are well versed and strictly adhere to the Procurement SOP, organization’s code of conduct and uphold procurement ethics.
- Build and monitor capacity of CRSs. Lab, Pharmacy, and departments in handling procurement issues.
- Continuous market scanning to keep up with trends, changes in government regulations, reporting thereof to management for decision making.
- Procurement process mapping and investigating challenges, bottlenecks and simulating different avenues and strategies for improvement.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) or Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognized university a must.
- A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have “A” level passes.
- Must have a Diploma in Purchasing and Supply from a reputable professional board, such as the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS);
- Membership to a relevant professional board such as the Zimbabwe Institute of Purchasing and Supply and/or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Knowledge of SAGE ERP 1000 Accounting system is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks in procurement, strong negotiating skills.
- Integrity, honesty, and stewardship in handling resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be in possession of a clean class 4 drivers’ licence.
Interested candidates should forward applications and detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Deadline: 8 September 2021
Related Jobs (7)
National Project Personnel – Procurement Assistant on October 23, 2021 Contract