- Post Date:August 3, 2021
- Views 566
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
A vacancy has arisen for an astute officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost efficient and of high quality.
- Identifying vendors of materials, equipment and services and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of supply.
- Procure needed supplies and equipment by competitive bidding, quotations and negotiations in compliance with organisational policy.
- Provide cost estimates for equipping new or existing facilities; prepare bidding documents and award orders as required.
- Work with the warehouse personnel and vendors to ensure proper receipt of goods and payment.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, award purchase orders and supervising the performance of vendors/suppliers.
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
- BSC Degree Supply Chain Management
- A clean driver’s licence is a must
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- Being a member of CILT or CIPS is an added advantage.
Applicants meeting the set criteria should submit their applications accompanied by a summarised 2 page CV with 3 traceable referees to [email protected] no later than 13 August 2021.
Related Jobs (7)
National Project Personnel – Procurement Assistant on October 23, 2021 Contract