- Post Date:August 2, 2021
- Views 389
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
Our client in the Mining Sector seeks applications from qualified, experienced and self-driven candidates for the Procurement Officer position.
Purpose of Post
Procurement Officers are responsible for assessing products, services and suppliers and negotiating contracts. They are also responsible for ensuring that approved purchases are of a sufficient quality and are cost-efficient.
- Engages with user departments tn create short-term and long- term procurement plans in order to maximize value.
- Manages and controls end-to-end procurement of goods and services to ensure optimum cost and efficient goads/ services delivery.
- Participates in the development and management of supplier relationships tn ensure attainment of good value,
- Manages supplier contracts to ensure compliance and delivery of goods and services
- Plans, implements, controls and monitors approved changes to area of responsibilities
- Works closely with project teams to ensure efficient supply of requirements for the attainment of planned project outcomes,
- Ensures compliance and adherence to relevant legislation, company policies and standard operating procedures as set in all procedures.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONS SPECIFICATIONS
- Must have a degree in supply chain management or other commercial degree.
- CIP qualification or a postgraduate Masters is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement
- Experience working in the mining industry is an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of public procurement
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholders of all levels.
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts for the attainment of real value.
Suitably qualified candidates must submit their applications to [email protected] or to [email protected] and to [email protected]
Head Hunters International
+263-4-252551 – 3
DUE DATE 3rd of August 2021