- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 679
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Smallholder Agriculture Cluster Project (SACP) is a six-year development project financed jointly by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), OPEC Fund for International Development (OF ID) and the Government of Zimbabwe. SACP supports the transformation of smallholder agriculture in Zimbabwe through private sector-led value chain development. The Project consists of three interlinked components Inclusive Value Chain Development, Component, Climate Proofed Value Chain Infrastructure and Component and Policy and Institutional Support and Project Coordination. SACP is in the process of recruiting officers and service providers for its National Project Management Unit (NPMU) in Harare and in four Provincial Project Implementation Units (PPIU) in the field, to manage and coordinate SACP project activities,
To deliver on the above mandate, the position of PROCUREMENT OFFICER (HARARE) has arisen and suitably qualified persons are invited to apply.
Under the general supervision of the Project Coordinator, the NPMU Procurement Officer will support the day-to-day project procurement activities as agreed with IFAD for SACP. Additionally, they will be responsible of supervision of the execution of work by the Junior Procurement Officers in the Provincial PIUs of the project.
- Fully responsible for the procurement activities of the project, conducting, overseeing, and supporting the project procurement in accordance with IFAD procurement procedures and the Project implementation Manual;
- Prepares and updates the project procurement plans in line with the Annual Work and Budget Plan (AWBP);
- Prepares the solicitation documents for all SACP purchases in line with the Procurement Plan and the AWBP for goods. service.
- Assists and advises the evaluation committee members on matters related to evaluation of tenders and recommendation for the selection and award;
- Liaises with the various project stakeholders’ and provide input in preparing various Project Management Reports (PMR) tobe submitted to FAD;
- Reviews cases and all support documents received from Provincial District and advise accordingly,
- Monitors contractors’ performance (goods, works and services) and ensures timely delivery and quality of services, expedites delivery as appropriate;
- Acts as point of reference for all SACP procurement related matters.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required
- Advanced university degree in procurement, financial management, supply chain management, business administration or related field.
- 5 years of experience in procurement or supply chain management.
- Familiarity with a donor-funded project, such as UN system, World Bank or AfDB will be considered an asset.
- A professional qualification from a recognized institution such as CIPS Professional certification (minimum fevel 3) or equivalent in Procurement and or supply chain operations will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of public procurement and contract management.
- Excellent experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word. Excel. etc.).
- Good data analysis skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
- Fluency in written and oral English is a requirement.
The Application Process:
Interested & suitably qualified candidates for the above mentioned positions to submit their updated CVs and Application Letters to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject matter by not later than Friday 8 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.