- Post Date:March 18, 2022
- Views 333
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Local Government
GRADE : 9
DEPARTMENT : TOWN CLERK
REPORTING TO : THE PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Procurement Officer which has become vacant in the Town Clerk’s Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience
- HNDin Purchasing and Supply or equivalent.
- A post-graduation qualification is an added advantage.
- Membership of a professional board is a requirement.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the relevant field.
- A clean criminal record.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Ability and willingness to meet tight deadlines and work longs hours when required.
- Ability to act in utmost confidentiality, honesty, reliability and responsibility.
- Ability to ensure that each procurement decision is based on adequate information to the extent that it is available and is made in good faith, for a proper purpose in accordance with the Procurement Act in the best interest of Council
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work in teams demonstrating patience and flexibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the procurement Manager in Preparing Annual and Individual Procurement plans in line with the organization’s annual budget.
- Liaising with the Procurement Regulatory Authority on issues relating to Procurement.
- Ensuring compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22-23) as read with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (General) Regulations S15 of 2018.
- Championing the development and the implementation of the procurement plan for Council.
- Assisting the procurement manager and managing all procurement and contract (tenders).
- Adopting appropriate procuring methods
- Monitoring stock levels and place orders when required.
- Verification of the PRAZ Certificates from different suppliers on the PRAZ Portal.
- Sourcing quotations from PRAZ Registered suppliers.
- Preparing bidding documents in compliance with provisions of the Procurement Act.
- Assisting the Procurement Manager in Designing the contract specifications and evaluation criteria.
- Preparing bid notices and shortlists.
- Assisting the Procurement Manager in the bidding processes, bidding meetings, clarifications and the receipt and opening of bids.
- Assisting in the evaluation of bids and any post qualification negotiations required.
- Assisting in Supervising the evaluation committee and also Procurement Clerks
- Assisting in preparing evaluation reports, including contract award recommendations where the value of the procurement is less than prescribe threshold.
- Preparing contract documents and amendments.
- Liaising with the relevant departmental Head of Department for performance of the contract.
- Carrying the duties of the procurement manager in his absence.
In return Council offers:
- A competitive salary
- Generous leave days
- Contributory Pension and Medical Aid
Interested candidates should submit detailed CVs with certified copies of qualifications to the Office of The Chamber Secretary not later than Monday 21 March 2022.
ACTING TOWN CLERK – V.D CHIKWEKWE
CITY OF GWERU
CIVIC CENTRE GARDENS
CORNER ROBERT MUGABE WAY AND 8TH STREET
P.O. BOX 278
TEL: 0254 224071-9 :