- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 515
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the position of Procurement Officer. The incumbent will report to the Procurement Manager and will be based at Head Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Higher National Diploma [HND] in Purchasing and Supply or Diploma in Purchasing and Supply – Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Three (3) years’ experience in the purchasing and supply management.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Acts.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Honesty and reliable.
- Results Oriented.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Procures raw materials, spares, goods and services cost effectively in line with Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act [Chapter 22:23] and Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Regulations.
- Conducts market surveillance or research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Identifies potential suppliers, visit existing suppliers, building and maintains good relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluates bids and makes recommendations to the Evaluation Committee based on commercial and technical specifications.
- Resolves supplier queries or problems and escalates where necessary.
- Liaises with Creditors section on issues of payment to suppliers.
- Compiles procurement management reports.
- Provides secretariat services to the Committee.
- Drafts supply contracts and monitors their progress, check the quality of service provided.
- Negotiates with suppliers for better prices, payment terms and delivery periods.
- Maintains an updated contracts register and files.
- Forecasts the likely levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeps a constant check on stock levels to maximize business efficiency.
- Coordinates and controls the purchase order cycle and associated information systems.
- Plans and prepares budget for Procurement Management Unit.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: [email protected]. Not later than 4 February 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.