- Post Date:April 1, 2021
- Views 369
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
We have been engaged by our esteemed client in the public sector to source for highly skilled and motivated individuals to fill the in the above position which has arisen within their organization. This is a middle level management post and the successful candidate will report to the Director/Accounting Officer. We invite suitably qualified persons to apply.
Key performance areas
- Manage operations of the Procurement function in line with the Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act (Chapter 22:23).
- Formulate work objectives and provide high-level technical guidance in work requirements and methods.
- Plan the department’s activities and develop the annual procurement plan.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure effective and timeous co-ordination of the procurement of goods and services.
- Conduct procurement research and advise on the best procurement options available.
- Take minutes in procurement meetings i.e competitive quotes meetings; evaluation meetings and the procurement management meetings.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- A good first degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or equivalent from a reputable University.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Graduate Diploma
- Membership of a relevant professional board (CIPS or CILT), a MUST.
- At least 5years’ post qualification experience at Managerial Level.
Required Competencies And Attributes
- Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement Act and other requirements;
- Sound IT literacy;
- Results focused;
- Conceptual thinking and proactive;
- Organizational awareness and interpersonal understanding;
- Self-starter and all round communicator;
- Risk management skills;
- Good communication skills across all the levels of staff
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your latest curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of your qualifications to Lorimak Executive Recruitment Consultants on emails: [email protected] or [email protected] by not later than Friday 9 April 2021
Related Jobs (6)
Sales and Operations – Business Analyst (Technical) on June 2, 2021 Full Time