- Post Date:August 30, 2021
- Views 272
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
GRADE : 12
DEPARTMENT : TOWNCLERK
REPORTING TO : OFFICE OFTHE TOWN CLERK
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned position of Procurement Manager which has become vacant in the Town Clerk’s Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications and experience
- Honours Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- A master’s degree or higher qualification will be an added advantage
- Membership of a recognized professional body is a must
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience level in purchasing and supply
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence is a must
- Ability to ensure that each procurement decision is based on adequate information to the extent that it is available, and is made in good faith, fora proper purposed in accordance with the Procurement Act in the best interest of Council.
- Ability to exercise procedural and distributive justice in the awarding of contracts.
- Ability to avoid any conflict of interest in the procurement exercise
- High degree of confidentiality
- To comply with any other provision of the Ac that is applicable to the Procurement Manager
- Knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act Chapter 22:23 is a must.
- Experience in contract management tender process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing Annual and Individual Procurement plans in line with the organizations annual budget
- Advising he town Clerk, Procurement Management Unit, Evaluation Committee and Council Management in all Procurement Issues.
- Liaising with the Procurement Regulatory Authority on issues relating to Procurement.
- Ensuring compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22-23) as read with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (General) Regulation SI 5 of 2018.
- Championing the development and the implementation of the procurement plan for Council
- Managing all procurement and contract (tenders)
- Adopting appropriate procuring methods
- Preparing bidding documents in compliance with provisions of the Procurement Act.
- Designing the contract specifications and evaluation criteria
- Preparing bid notices and shortlists
- Managing bidding processes, bidding meetings, clarifications and the receipt and opening of bids
- Managing the evaluation of bids and any post qualification negotiations required.
- Supervising the evaluation committee
- Preparing evaluation reports, including contract award recommendations where the value of the procurement is less than prescribe threshold
- Submitting all evaluations to the Accounting Officer, with confirmation that the procedure followed has compiled with the Procurement Act.
- Preparing contract documents and amendments
- Liaising with the relevant departmental Head of Department for performance of the contract.
- Preparing procurement reports and submit to the accounting officer
In return Council offers:
- A competitive salary package and benefits
- Generous leave days
- Contributory Pension and Medical Aid
Interested candidates should submit detailed CVs with certified copies of qualifications to the Office of The Chamber Secretary not later than Friday 10 September 2021.
ACTING TOWN CLERK: V.D CHIKWEKWE
CITY OF GWERU
CIVIC CENTRE GARDENS
CORNER ROBERT MUGABE WAY AND 8™ STREET
P.O. BOX 278
TEL. 0254 224071-9