- Post Date:February 15, 2022
- Views 458
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Procurement Lead which has arisen within Steward Bank.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Managing the supply chain of the Bank’s services/ materials requirements to include;
- preparing and issuing requests for quotations or requests for bids documents,
- placement of orders,
- expediting orders and approval thereof,
- organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services;
- maintaining purchase records and other important data; and
- ensuring that suppliers are paid timeously
- Identifying and analysing current procurement and performance gaps, trends, and best practices and recommends key performance improvement opportunities with a focus on standard work, lean principles, and risk containment;
- Managing the Bank’s procurement process in accordance with the Group’s procurement policy and procedures;
- Identifying reliable sources of supply capable of rendering quality at time and place required;
- Setting up economic order quantities and reorder levels to ensure efficiency;
- Developing alternate sources of supply when competition is not present;
- Designing and issuing proper form of contract for different goods or services;
- Developing and providing suppliers with appropriate materials specifications to ensure that there are no ‘out of specification’ materials rejections;
- Developing and maintaining a supplier’s list;
- Controlling all correspondence with suppliers including potential suppliers;
- Identifying and analysing current procurement and performance gaps, trends, and best practices
- Recommending key performance improvement opportunities with a focus on standard work, lean principles, and risk containment.
- Preparing and developing staff so that they become more involved in strategic issues of materials management;
- Co-ordinating and supervising activities of subordinate staff to ensure that the procurement and materials management function operates at optimum efficiency;
- Identifying training needs of purchasing staff and ensure that the necessary training is provided;
- Establishing and maintaining a system for measuring cost reduction and the maintenance of such reductions;
- Establishing formal long term contract arrangements for the supply of identified strategic materials and services at fixed prices;
- Identifying areas which would benefit from through purchasing research/market intelligence.
- Establishing a logical method of collection research information and interpreting such information.
- Establishing a system of measuring and reporting the benefits of using research information.
- Liaising with suppliers constantly with a view to establishing a strong, reliable base of committed and reputable suppliers.
- Promoting and developing the idea of ‘partnership sourcing’ by working very closely with the company’s suppliers.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Procurement or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management is an advantage.
- Membership with a professional body is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Understanding of procurement processes
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- Excellent analytical, adept and people skills,
- Accuracy and attention to detail,
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to [email protected] with the title, Procurement Lead clearly written in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for all applications is 17 February 2022