- Post Date:November 23, 2021
- Views 314
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Family AIDS Caring Trust (FACT)
Reporting to: Procurement Specialist
We are looking for an astute procurement assistant to assist in purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The procurement assistant’s responsibilities include advising and guiding the Procurement Specialist in sourcing and ensuring supply of optimal and cost-effective goods and services, evaluating supply options, and maintaining accurate records. The procurement assistant should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends and ensure all procurements are done according to the organisational policy as well as funding partner requirements.
Roles and responsibilities
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies;
- Comparing and analysing products and services to be purchased for review by the procurement specialist;
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records;
- Capturing Supplier Information and preparing Orders in Pastel Evolution;
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as delivery times, product ranges, etc;
- Assist in Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
Experience and qualifications
- BSc Honours Degree in Supply Chain Management or Bachelor of Logistics and Supply Chain Management or a similar field preferred;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a procurement assistant or in a similar position;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Supervisory and management experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Has in-depth knowledge of USAID, Global Fund, UN and other Donors financial management rules and regulations;
- Conversant with Pastel Evolution accounting package;
- CIPS Membership is an added advantage
Candidates can submit an application letter together with a detailed CV to [email protected] Please write – PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT on the subject of your email.
FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organisation’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
Our Organisation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, colour, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 4 December 2021