- Post Date:July 9, 2021
- Views 301
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
The University of Zimbabwe – Clinical Trials Research Centre (UZ-CTRC) is a centre of excellence which implements high level HIV prevention and treatment research and collaborates with a broad range of partners internationally. UZ-CTRC is seeking a suitably trained, competent, talented, and qualified Procurement Assistant to based in Harare.
- Assist the Procurement Officer and the Procurement Committee in procurement of goods and services according to the procurement plan of UZ-CTRC and in compliance with the Procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Assist in developing user department’s specifications, and coordinate with users to ensure that right materials, quantities, quality are procured as needed.
- Making sure that all purchase requests are fully authorised before initiating procurement.
- Assist the Procurement Officer with the requisition of quotations, correspondences, and evaluations of all procurements, strictly in accordance with leading procurement practices.
- Assist in preparation of comparative bid analysis, raising of purchase orders and seeking authorisation and approval from the Procurement Officer and the Procurement Committee.
- Preparation of payment request and seeking authorisation in a timely manner, and submission of fully authorised payment requests to the Accounts department for payment of invoices.
- Assist in filling of all procurement documents and acts as a secretary for all procurement meetings and procurement functions as assigned by the Procurement Officer
- Assist in maintaining appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Follow up with Suppliers to ensure speedy and complete deliveries of ordered goods and report all outstanding deliveries to the Procurement Officer.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current, up to date procurement documents.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Procurement Officer and Procurement Committee.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply Management and 3 “A” Level passes.
- Diploma in Shipping and Forwarding/Customs legislation and procedures or related qualifications is an added advantage.
- Membership of professional bodies like CIPS, CILT is a must.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Packages and knowledge of SAGE ERP1000 Accounting system.
- Integrity, honesty, and stewardship in handling UZ-CTRC resources.
- Clean class 4 Driver’s licence with a minimum 5 years driving experience.
Interested candidates should forward applications and detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Deadline: 16 July 2021