Procurement and Contracts Management Specialist
- Post Date:June 28, 2022
- Views 512
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CURRICULUM VITAE’S (CVs) FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS (ICs))
Country: Zambia and Zimbabwe
Name of Project: Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project (KDRP)
Loan No. / Credit No. TF No./ Grant No. (ADF Loan 2100150032548; ADF Grant 2100155029116; TSF Grant 590015; WBG Cr#5563-ZM)
Project ID No: P146575
Request for CVs: ZRA-KDRP-C-04-22
The Zambezi River Authority (the Authority) has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Swedish Government and the Word Bank’s International Development Associations (IDA) towards the cost of the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the employment of an Individual Consultant (including one that may be provided by a Consultant Firm) for the positions of Procurement and Contracts Management Specialist
The Zambezi River Authority now invites eligible Individual Consultants to submit their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs). The assignment is performance – based and for a period of thirty-six (36) months. Extension and or renewal is at the sole discretion of Zambezi River Authority and subject to approval by the World Bank.
The responsibilities shall include:
Contract Management & Administration Support
- Liaise with and supervise the contract with the Technical Services and Supervision Consultant TS&S (Client’s Engineer) with particular attention to compliance with the terms of the signed contract.
- Advise on any contractual issues relating to the KDRP.
- When required, prepare drafts or review draft amendments to contracts, participate in negotiations with Contractors and/or Consultants, advise Project Management Unit (PMU) in finalizing amendments to signed contracts for issuance of No Objection(s) from the Financiers, and thereafter finalize the documents for timely signing by the contractual parties.
- Provide Support in dealing with litigations and drafting responses to queries and claims which are compliant and clearly aligned with contract provisions and clauses, advise on available resolution options and measures as well as prepare necessary documentation.
- Advise on cost- effective resolution of contractual disputes/matters.
- Respond timeously and adequately to contract management matters within the responsibility of the Authority, through monitoring all the Contractors’ claims and variation orders in line with the provisions of the signed Contracts.
- Participate in Acceptance Committees receiving supplies, works and services, and to ensure that these goods and services received comply with contracts’ specifications and statutory requirements.
- Participate in technical/site meetings and provide recommendations to improve the Project implementation in terms of Contract Administration.
- Carry out Capacity and Gaps Analysis regarding Contracts Management and Administration, prepare the training plan for the Authority and lead its implementation, including acting as a lead trainer.
- Assist the Authority in complying with the World Bank’s Anti-Corruption Guidelines by immediately reporting to the Authority Management and the Financiers on any red flags in regard to performance of contractors or consultants.
Procurement Management Support
- Advise on and prepare any required updates to the Project’s Procurement Plan.
- Administer any remaining procurement activities (Procurement goods, services and works) in the Procurement Plan in accordance with the applicable version of the World Bank Procurement and Consultants’ guidelines, with the use of the World Bank standard procurement documents and FIDIC (Red Book) contracts where applicable.
- Support the Authority Management with the planning, preparation of bidding documents, Requests for Proposals (including TORs), and coordinate the timing of acquisition of consulting services, goods and works as per Project’s Procurement Plan.
- Coordinate inputs of technical specialists into TORs (for consulting services) or technical specifications (for goods or works) to incorporate into relevant bidding documents or RFPs.
- Coordinate inputs of Technical Specialists and assist in preparing responses to any clarification requests received in response to the bidding documents or issued RFPs; ensuring that the Bank’s no objection is obtained prior to issuance of any clarifications.
- Participate in the bids’ opening meetings, endorse the minutes; participate in the evaluation of bids and/or proposals received and advise the Evaluation Committee members on applicable World Bank guidelines relevant to the opening and evaluation phases.
- Prepare evaluation reports in accordance with the World Bank’s requirements and award notifications to the bidders or consultants; Coordinate contracts negotiations (with consultants) and finalize draft contracts (with contractors, consultants or suppliers), after obtaining Financiers no-objection, and ensure their signatures by authorised persons.
- Timely uploading of all procurement documents on relevant World Bank platforms.
- As necessary and appropriate and in line with World Bank guidelines, suggest and develop appropriate procedures, controls, checks, rules, tools, etc., that support acquisitions of goods and services provided on the financing of the Project and prevent possible fraud or any other prohibited practices and unauthorized contractual deviations.
Qualification and Experience
Academic /Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Civil/Mechanical Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or equivalent.
- Relevant Postgraduate or equivalent in Contract Management & Administration or Procurement Management.
- Demonstrated familiarity with World Bank/AfDB procurement guidelines, standard bidding documents and SRFP, in particular in regard to large construction projects
- Membership in a Professional Body as relevant to the required expertise.
- Evidence of practical experience in public procurement practices and procedures.
- Evidence of practical experience in the use of FIDIC Pink Book (for MDBs financed contracts) and FIDIC Red Book Conditions of contract, familiarity with the roles and obligations of Engineer, Employer and Contractor and Communication Channels etc.,
- Written and oral fluency in the English language is required.
- Analytical skills, negotiation, problem solving, facilitation, teamwork, multitasking; Microsoft office, SAP purchase order systems.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience specifically on Procurement of large civil/mechanical infrastructure projects is required. Experience in hydropower/hydraulic facility projects is an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in developing countries, preferably in Africa region within the last 7 years.
- Demonstrated proven experience in procurement and contract management for : experience from at least one (1) World Bank- or AfDB- funded project as procurement adviser or an international procurement consultant is required and at least one (1) assignment that involved use of FIDIC Pink, Red or Silver book contracts
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in application of contract management tools & methodologies.
- Good understanding of risk management.
- Knowledge of institutions and procurement reforms in Borrower’s countries.
- Understanding of the World Bank and AfDB’s business objectives, products and project cycle.
- Written and oral fluency in the English language is required
Interested qualified and experienced Individual Consultants (IC) (including CVs from interested IC who may be working for a Consultants Firm)’, who possess the above stated qualifications, area of experience and years of post-qualification relevant work experience should submit their CVs complete with copies of academic qualifications to the e-mail address below on or before 30th June 2022. Submit electronic copy by e-mail. Submission of original copies and scrutiny of the same including verification from the issuing institutions will be a condition of engagement of the successful applicant. Zambezi River Authority will only respond to the candidate determined to be suitable. Beyond the brief information for this position, the full Terms of Reference (ToRs) for the position may be obtained from the address indicated below on request and will be shared electronically and may also be found on the Authority Website which is www.zambezira.org under the section Opportunities -Consultancies.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during working hours from 0800 hours to 1630 hours local time or Email: [email protected]
Expressions of interest shall be submitted by electronically by E-MAIL ONLY in PDF on or before 30th June 2022, 16:00 hrs on the following E-mail address.
Email: [email protected]
The Expressions of interest must be addressed to.
The Chief Executive
Zambezi River Authority
Kariba House, 32 Cha ChaCha Road
Tel: +260 211 227970-3
Att: Manager- Procurement