- Post Date:September 14, 2021
- Views 277
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Procurement Administrator that has arisen in our organisation.
Reporting to the Director General, the successful candidate among other duties will be responsible for the following:-
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating all purchasing, review and process contracts and purchase orders;
- Verifying proper account numbers / funds for ordered items; reconcile purchase orders and source documentation and follow up on discrepancies;
- Monitoring procurement for compliance with procurement regulations, policies and the Procurement Act.
- Coordinating tender process; assist in preparing tendering forms and advertising; receive and compile bid information;
- Overseeing the tender process and notify successful and unsuccessful bidders;
- Monitoring expenses including checking for appropriate documentation and pricing;
- Liaising with related vendors and contractors as required;
- Reporting to directorate areas of concern related to fiscal responsibility and cost consciousness.
- Providing information to staff regarding tendering and procurement procedures and liaise with staff and external suppliers on any discrepancies.
- Recommending new or improved administrative, purchasing, and clerical procedures for efficiency.
- Researching vendors and contractors to determine new sources of supply as required;
- Reading and retaining all procurement minutes supporting capital projects and expenditure.
- Preparing reports for directorate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Honours Degree in Purchasing and Supply or any Relevant Degree
- A professional qualification such as full CIPS is a must.
- At least 10 years’ experience, of which 5 years should be at managerial level
- Knowledge of Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (PRAZ) procedures and regulations is a must
- Strong ICT skills and ability to use computerised procurement packages
- Membership to a recognised professional board is a must.
- Possession of a clean class 4 driver’s licence is a must
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Interested Candidates should send their applications together with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, not later than Wednesday 22nd September 2021 to:
The Director General,
P.O. Box 126,
Envelopes should be clearly marked “PROCUREMENT ADMINISTRATOR” or email [email protected]