Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Print Finishing Worker
- Post Date:September 19, 2021
- Views 192
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
We are looking for young and energetic Print Finisher. Print knowledge is an added advantage.
- Setting up the mechanical guillotines to cut the printed pages
- Setting up various other machines, loading the printed pages, adjusting the controls
- Laminate the pages and bind them with staples, stitching or glue
- Stopping the machine if a problem arises, and either dealing with the problem or getting help
- Unloading and stacking the books ready for distribution
- Cleaning the machines and doing minor maintenance.
- Binding certain limited editions of books by hand using specialist tools and sewing pages together
- Decorating books with marbled endpapers, gold lettering or edging
- Restoring antique books, cleaning the pages, repairing the binding and papers to match the originals.
- You may need to lift and carry items.
- You might work shifts, including evenings and weekends
- A good general education is useful . Basic knowledge and Experience is need although You normally train on the job.
What Does it Take? You should be:
- Good with your hands
- Aware of health and safety issues
- Able to work with machinery
- Good at measuring and counting
- Precise, with excellent attention to detail.
- Good at communicating with customers
- Knowledgeable about and interested in books.
Email to :[email protected]
Related Jobs (35)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time