- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 286
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above position which has arisen within the Tourism industry Pension Fund (TIPF). The person will be responsible for the day to day running of the pension fund liaising with the Fund Administrator and reporting to the Board of Trustees. The ideal candidate must possess the relevant qualifications and expertise relating to oversight management of pension funds.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the daily operations of the fund and execute duties as assigned by the board of Trustees.
- Promote good corporate governance of the fund.
- Liaising with service providers of the fund on behalf of the board of trustees.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the existing legislation in liaison with Insurance and Pensions Commission (IPEC).
- Liaise with all Tourism Industry companies to ensure that they collect and remit pension contributions timeously and follow-up on all defaulting organisations.
- Ensure the registration of all new members into the fund.
- Receive and process claims for all members exiting the fund through the appointed Fund Administrator.
- Respond to all queries by fund members, pensioners and contributing organisations.
- Ensure that benefits statements, fund booklets are distributed to members timeously.
- Ensure that all such important documents like the Registration certificates, title deeds of properties under TIPF, share certificates, lease agreements and all other important documents are lodged with thecustodian.
- Ensure that all the books of accounting are properly kept by the Fund Administrator and this includes member contributions, investments, actuarial valuations, bank reconciliations, receipts of any sums due to the fund, as well as payments to pensioners and service providers.
- Ensure that audit of financial statements is carried out timeously in compliance with IPEC requirements.
- Develop and implement functional risk management framework as well as the investment policy of the fund.
- Prepare budgets for the fund and monitor performance.
- Preparation of quarterly reports for the board of trustees.
- Any other duties as assigned by the board of trustees.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- The person must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Insurance or similar
- At least 2 years working experience in a related position.
- Wider knowledge about developments in the pension industry.
- Good communication skills.
- High integrity.
- Self-driven and must be able to work under pressure.
- Clean class 4 Driver’s licence.
Applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be e-mailed to [email protected] or dropped to:
Tourism Industry Pension Fund (TIPF)
24 Tait Avenue,
By no later than the 15th of May 2021