Primary Care Counsellor
- Post Date:February 23, 2021
- Views 356
- Qualification CertificateExperience 1-3 YearsIndustry Health Care
Location: Buhera, Chipinge, Mutare, Makoni
Type Of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Primary Care Counsellor (PCC) will be seconded to selected MOHCC health facilities to support the provision of quality HIV testing services. The cadre will work closely with the health facility leadership and the ZHI District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator to improve the availability of quality HIV care and treatment services, including enhanced adherence counselling to clients as per protocol. The PCC will also support the project’s community-based HIV testing services with a focus on community index case testing, defaulter tracking and implementation of community DSD models. This will be done in line with the national HIV prevention, care and treatment guidelines and protocols. The cadre will work under the guidance and supervision of the Sister-in-Charge as well as technical supervision of the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator.
- Work with facility-based lay cadres, outreach workers and village health workers to mobilise high risk clients at both facility and community level for HIV testing services;
- Provide quality HIV testing services (HTS) with a focus on index case testing and sexual network tracing to improve the efficiency of HTS;
- Screen clients presenting to the health facility for HTS using the MOHCC screening tool and or HIV Self-Test Services;
- Ensure follow-up of all contacts of index cases for both facility and community-based index case testing and sexual network tracing;
- Provide screening for intimate partner violence and LIVES support, including referral as appropriate;
- Ensure timely linkage to care and treatment for all clients testing HIV positive;
- Ensure linkage to PrEP and other HIV prevention strategies for HIV negative clients at substantial risk of HIV infection;
- Conduct regular TB screening and screening for STIs among all HIV positive clients and make appropriate referrals for diagnosis and treatment;
- Strengthen health facility and community linkages through working closely with MOHCC facility staff, and community-based health workers in the development of robust referral systems for PLWHIV.
- Provide enhanced adherence counselling to PLWHIV at both facility and at community level and referring to health facilities and other service providers as maybe needed where required;
- Support the ZHI Community Nurse to mobilize PLHIV for community based DSD models. At facility level and in liaison with facility leadership, mobilize clients and facilitate the formation and strengthening of community ART refill groups (CARGs) and support groups; S
- upport defaulter identification, tracking and tracing;
- Ensure documentation of all services provided within the continuum of HIV care in the relevant M&E tools and provide accurate weekly, and monthly data related to HTS;
- Record and maintain filing system for all client records as per MOHCC procedures;
- Work towards meeting the programme set targets for the site which are reviewed on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis;
- Any other duties within reason as directed by the supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment program in Zimbabwe;
- Good knowledge of MOHCC registers, data collection tools and indicators relating to HIV prevention, care and treatment, and experience in M&E including data collection and analysis;
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs, community health practices and general medical ethics;
- Proficiency in English and relevant local language;
- Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage
Qualifications And Experience
- Primary Care Counsellor certificate or equivalent;
- Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must;
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Good five Ordinary level passes including English;
- LIVES training is an added advantage;
- OI/ ART experience is preferred.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During The Application Process, ZHI Will Not Charge Any Fee Nor Will It Require Any Payment For An Application To Be Considered. ZHI Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And Employs Personnel Without Regard To Race, Ancestry, Place Of Origin, Colour, Ethnic Origin, Language, Citizenship, Creed, Religion, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Age, Marital Status, Physical Handicap Or Financial Ability.