Prevention Program Driver
- Post Date:October 15, 2021
- Views 445
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international humanitarian organization operating in Zimbabwe; collaborating with Ministry of Health & Child Care to create centres of excellence in health. AHF is looking for a Prevention Program Driver based in Harare.
The Prevention Program Driver will keep record of all HIV prevention supplies in stock and ensures timely delivery of such materials to sites and outreach points. The driver will assist the Primary Counsellors (PC) in organizing program outreaches & other departmental activities. The job entails working closely with the operations department in planning; developing; and implementing prevention logistical activities. The driver should be willing & able to travel 75% of the time; sensitive to patient population and issues surrounding HIV/AIDS; able to prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment. The driver should possess good command of administrative knowledge & practices as well as excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
Job description & main responsibilities
- Packing and distributing HIV testing commodities from the country warehouse to various sites;
- Assisting the HIV prevention department in planning outreaches; commemorations; marketing events etc;
- Ensuring the maintenance of prevention department warehouse;
- Updating of stock cards of HIV prevention commodities and materials;
- Transportation of outreach teams and equipment;
- Updating the delivery note each time commodities move out of the warehouse;
- Ensuring cost-savings through proper use of outreach vehicle and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs and any other documentation as required;
- Ensuring safe loading and unloading of prevention commodities in the warehouse and sites respectively by close supervision of the casual workers;
- Periodic checks on expiry dates for commodities in the warehouse and ensure their utilization before expiry;
- Supporting the operations logistics Assistant in ensuring smooth running of logistical activities including vehicle allocation at the secretariat; planning errands etc;
- Participating in the general staff meetings
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A valid class 4 driver’s license;
- 5 O levels including English;
- A professional course in logistics management and transport plus basic IT skills are an added advantage;
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a field directly related to healthcare delivery systems or related field as well as extensive experience in the NGO sector.
Interested candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] with a subject line Prevention Program Driver – ZBW Country Office.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 October 2021