- Post Date:September 8, 2021
- Views 284
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
TelOne requires suitably and qualified personnel to fill the vacant position of POWER ENGINEER. The incumbents will be responsible to the Principal Engineer.
Responsible for identifying power requirements, designing and planning the Installation and commissioning of power projects. Provide third level support and technology guidance regarding power solutions across the business.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Plans And Designs Exchange Power Systems To Desired Specification, Revise The Plans As Appropriate To Meet Changing Needs And Requirements
- Plans Site Electrical System Load To Ensure The Proper Sizing Of Power Cable, Capacity Of Generator Set, Capacity Of Rectifier, Back-Up Battery, UPS And Inverters For Systems Like Etc
- Proposes The Projects To Be Carried Out In Each Financial Year To The Principal Engineer And Prepare A Budget For That Financial Year Every Year.
- Manages Energy Management Systems And Site Monitoring Equipment
- Monitors Operational Performance Of Power Plant Across Regions Which Are Ongoing Throughout The Year.
- Conducts Technical Audits In The Regions To Ensure Compliance With Operational Processes And Procedures And Technical Instructions On A Monthly Basis.
- Reviews And Update All Power Systems, Operational Processes And Procedures To Ensure Standardization Across Regions As An On-Going Process Throughout The Year.
- Ensures That The Power Grid Is Safely Operated And That Generators, Motors, Rectifiers, Inverters And All Power Supplies Are Functioning Properly.
- Compiles Ad Hoc Spare Requirements From All Regions As And When Need Arises
- Prepares Technical Specifications For The Required Spares In The Preparation For Tender Floating When Necessary.
- Prepares And Produce Tender Documents And Forward Them To The Purchasing Committee When Necessary.
- Evaluates Tenders And Recommend To The Procurement Department For Purchasing Purposes When Necessary.
- Drafts Preventive Maintenance Documents For Power Equipment And Providing The Same To Operational Maintenance Across All Regions
- Prepares Policies, Procedures, Technical Instructions Required For Safe And Efficient Undertaking Of Power And Electrical Works.
- Provides Equipment Service And Repair Manuals To Operational And Maintenance Personnel.
- Complete All Related Tasks As When Necessary.
Qualification And Experience:
- Degree In Power /Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Or Equivalent.
- Registered With Engineering Council Of Zimbabwe (ECZ) / Zimbabwe Institute Of Engineers (ZIE).
- A Minimum Of 2 Years’ Experience In A Similar Or Related Field.
- High Level Data Analytical Skills.
- Good Presentation Skills.
- Computer Literate.
- Strong Verbal And Written Communication Skills.
- High Level Of Attention To Detail And Interpersonal Skills
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to be considered for the above post, please apply HERE not later than 10 September 2021 and any application challenges on the platform please contact our Human Resources team on [email protected].
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.
Related Jobs (13)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Assistant Soap Manager on October 12, 2021