Postal & Courier Services Officer
- Post Date:March 31, 2022
- Views 393
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the vacant position of POSTAL AND COURIER SERVICES OFFICER on fixed term contract basis.
This position has the responsibility of ensuring licensing, monitoring, and enforcement of Postal Service compliance with licence and relevant regulations.
The position reports to the Manager Postal and Courier Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrying out investigations on suspected illegal postal and courier services operations.
- Interacting with law enforcement agents when dealing with cases of illegal operations.
- Attending court sessions with respect to suspected illegal operations as and when the need arises
- Monitoring the quality of Postal and Courier Services offered to members of the public against set standards.
- Investigating consumer complaints and handling of investigations.
- Carriyng out checks on accessibility of operator s outlets.
- Preparing and submitting periodic reports on Postal and Courier Services developments.
- Providing inputs into the formulation of the divisional budget.
- Assisting the Manager, Postal and Courier Services, in establishing appropriate Postal Licence fees and Penalties.
- Conducting audits for Postal and Courier operators.
- Evaluating licence applications and carrying out reviews of existing licences.
- Monitoring compliance and enforcement of licence conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law, Commerce, Social Science or equivalent qualification.
- Post-Graduate qualification or law diploma is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years working experience in Postal and/or Courier services environment
- Experience in investigative work environments is a distinct advantage
- Clean Class four (4) driver’s licence a must.
- Membership of a professional body is an added advantage.
- Results focused
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
REMUNERATION: An appropriate package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
All interested applicants should submit applications containing a detailed Curriculum vitae including the following information: –
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Position applied for
- Copies of academic and/or professional certificates
- Any points the applicant feels may influence selection to his/her advantage.
All applications should be submitted to:
The Director General,
1008 Performance Close,
Mt Pleasant Business Park,
P.O. Box MP 843
In an envelope clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR A VACANT POST – STATE POST BEING APPLIED FOR” to reach the Director General
Or email: [email protected] not later than 1 April 2022
Related Jobs (23)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship