Policy Research and Advocacy Manager
- Post Date:March 26, 2021
- Views 316
- Career Level ManagerQualification Degree
A permanent position has arisen within the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Driving the Society’s policy and legislative reform agenda; Legislative analysis and review;
- Working with the Parliament of Zimbabwe and the Ministry of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs in conducting research and backstopping of parliament’s legislative processes;
- Advancing the Rule of law and access to justice;
- Promoting Independence of the profession and the rule of law;
- Community advocacy and liaising with other like-minded organisations in advocating for legislative reforms;
- Advancing the Society’s gender portfolio;
- Mobilizing resources through drafting funding proposals.
Skills and qualifications
The incumbent must be able to and have the capacity to manage research, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
The suitable candidate must possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB); Master’s degree in Law (LLM);
- Wide research experience;
- Published academic articles will be a distinct advantage;
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
Applications are invited for the above position. Qualifying candidates should submit their applications electronically to the undersigned through the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Deadline: 8 April 2021