Policy Advocacy Coordinator
- Post Date:February 8, 2022
- Views 329
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
Zimbabwe Network of Early Childhood Development Actors (ZINECDA) in partnership with the National ECD Coalition of Lesotho (NECDOL), and the Malawi ECD Coalition are implementing a transnational project on strengthening the capacity of ECD coalitions for improved ECDE legislation, policies and measures in Southern Africa (TRANAC). The ZINECDA Alliance seeks the services of a Policy Advocacy Coordinator to implement an ECDE regional advocacy project in Southern Africa. The Policy Advocacy Coordinator will report to the National Coordinator. S/He will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Communication – speaks, writes and listens well;
- Strategic thinking;
- Report writing;
- Policy advocacy;
- Team building;
- Strategic planning.
The following are some of the tasks required by the position
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategies in policy advocacy;
- Develops, plans, implement / oversee, and coordinate policy advocacy strategies and programs at national and SADC regional levels on early childhood development;
- Develop and implement national and regional policy advocacy strategy plan;
- Identify strategic partners and build national and regional policy advocacy teams for inclusion of ECD policies and frameworks in national and regional decision-making spaces;
- Build the capacity of partners, teams and employees in policy advocacy processes for ECD;
- Oversee and draw terms of reference for ECD policy advocacy monitoring, learning and evaluation;
- Oversee media strategy development and implementation.
Projects planning, coordination and reporting
- Plan, coordinate and oversee all ECD policy advocacy programs, evaluation and reporting;
- Produce draft narrative quarter, annual and projects / institutional policy advocacy, membership and networking reports;
- Develop and produce planning, coordination and reporting frameworks for projects;
- Develop and implement programming systems and structures for efficient and effective management of ECD policy advocacy, capacity building, networking and knowledge generation;
- Monitors and approves programming budgets.
Knowledge generation and networking
- Identify research gaps, trends and policy analyses;
- Design research and evaluation studies;
- Develop terms of reference, recruit, implement and review research studies;
- Facilitate validation and sharing of research.
- Identify gaps and niche ideas for proposal development and resource mobilization;
- Develop fundable proposals for all programming projects;
- Build a diversified programming funding portfolio.
- Recruit, mentor, motivate and capacity build an efficient and effective programming team;
- Develop individual and team key performance / results areas for the programs;
- Appraise programming staff performance quarterly and annually.
- Assist in forging memorandum of understanding with various government, intergovernmental and civil society organisations for ECD policy advocacy, capacity building, networking and research;
- Represent ZINECDA on programming issues at national, regional and as assigned by the National Coordinator.
Qualifications and experience
- Possess bachelor’s and master’s degrees in any of the following combinations: public policy analysis, international relations, education especially in early childhood development (ECD), strategic management, law, developmental studies;
- Have knowledge of influencing governments and international government organisations;
- Have experience of or worked in government or in international NGO environment;
- Has excellent protocol, writing and communication skills at high level;
- Possess reporting, research skills and coordination;
- Is articulate in facilitation and presentation;
- Is able to mentor, train, motivate and coordinate other people in a unit nationally and regionally;
- Is a proactive thinker who identifies, prevents and solves challenges before they manifest;
- Is able to write winning proposals and mobilise resources for the unit and organization;
- Can work without much supervision.
All applications should be sent to ZINECDA by the 11th of February 2022 on the following email address [email protected]
Hard copies will not be accepted.