PMTCT Direct Service Delivery Nurse
- Post Date:February 23, 2021
- Views 321
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 YearsIndustry Health Care
Location: Buhera, Chipinge, Mutare, Makoni
Type Of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The PMTCT Direct Service Delivery (DSD) Nurse is a registered nurse seconded to MOHCC ANC or OI/ART departments (as appropriate) within selected high volume health care facilities. The PMTCT DSD Nurse will be assigned to work at a heath facility under the guidance and supervision of the Sister-in-Charge as well as technical supervision of the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator.
- The PMTCT DSD nurse will support HIV prevention, care and treatment services to improve clinical outcomes for pregnant and breastfeeding women and HIV-exposed infants across the clinical cascade through integrating PMTCT services into all maternal, neonatal, and child health services to provide a one-stop shop for mothers and infants as well as their partners. This will be done in line with the national PMTCT guidelines and protocols;
- Work with facility-based lay cadres, outreach workers and village health workers to mobilise pregnant and breastfeeding women and their partners for at both facility and community level for HIV testing services;
- Organize Information, education sessions at community and health center level to increase awareness on HIV transmission and available services to prevent mother to child transmission;
- Perform rapid HIV testing on all consenting clients in the MNCH/FCH department, including re-testing in the different entry points (ANC, labour and delivery, PNC, FP services, MCH/immunization clinics) as appropriate;
- Provide PrEP or actively link HIV-negative pregnant and breastfeeding women to PrEP and other services such as VMMC as part of routine index testing and partner notification services;
- Implement maternal and partner testing for syphilis in line with national guidelines and protocols;
- Ensure timely linkage to care and treatment of all HIV positive pregnant and breastfeeding women and their male partners using a Family Centred Care Approach;
- Implement tools to track mother-baby pairs receiving PMTCT services up to final HIV-testing outcome (at 18 months and/or 6 weeks after cessation of breastfeeding), and transition them to ART clinic;
- Ensure integration of ANC care into DSD models to allow women who become pregnant while receiving HIV care through DSD models to continue treatment;
- Provide routine ART refills, follow-up and monitoring of clients in MNCH (including scheduling Viral Load and CD4 tests as appropriate) and provide adherence support to clients provided with results;
- Ensure VL testing for all HIV-positive clients in ANC and PNC in line with national guidelines and protocols as well as enhanced adherence counselling for those with unsuppressed VL; Ensure timely DNA PCR testing for all HIV-exposed infants in line with national guidelines and protocols;
- Provide counselling on Family planning and provide appropriate family planning (FP) methods among HIV-Positive women with more focus on long-acting reversible contraception;
- Ensure active linkages from ANC to L&D to PNC, Post-partum FP, FP and MCH services;
- Provide appropriate safe infant feeding counselling and advice to HIV-positive mothers;
- Conduct regular TB screening and screening for STIs among all HIV positive clients in MNCH and make appropriate referrals for diagnosis and treatment;
- Initiate TPT among all eligible clients attending the clinic daily;
- Ensure documentation of all services provided within the continuum of HIV care in the relevant M&E tools and provide accurate weekly, and monthly data related to PMTCT service provision;
- Record and maintain filing system for all client records as per MOHCC procedures;
- Work towards meeting the programme set targets for the site which are reviewed on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis;
- Any other duties within reason as maybe directed by the supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment program in Zimbabwe;
- Good knowledge of MOHCC registers, data collection tools and indicators relating to HIV prevention, care and treatment, and experience in M&E including data collection and analysis;
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision;
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs, community health practices and general medical ethics;
- Proficiency in English and relevant local language.
Qualifications And Experience
- Diploma/Degree or relevant Nursing qualification, RGN or PCN. Midwifery is an added advantage;
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe;
- A minimum of two years of implementing PMTCT in a Zimbabwean context is required;
- Knowledge of National AIDS and TB guidelines is preferred;
- Training and experience in HIV testing services for adults, adolescents and children is preferred;
- Experience in Advanced HIV care and treatment preferred;
- Familiarity with M&E tools for OI/ART management is required.
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email [email protected] to clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During The Application Process, ZHI Will Not Charge Any Fee Nor Will It Require Any Payment For An Application To Be Considered. ZHI Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And Employs Personnel Without Regard To Race, Ancestry, Place Of Origin, Colour, Ethnic Origin, Language, Citizenship, Creed, Religion, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Age, Marital Status, Physical Handicap Or Financial Ability.