- Post Date:September 8, 2021
- Views 256
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry ICT
TelOne requires suitably and qualified personnel to fill the vacant position of PLANNING ENGINEER. The incumbents will be responsible to the Principal Engineer.
Responsible for the identifying network requirements, designing and planning the Installation and Commissioning of network projects. Provide third level support and technology guidance regarding network solutions to the business.
Major Activities of the Job
- Analysis of the existing network to determiOne expansion or upgrades in tine with TelOne business strategy.
- Evaluates technology robustness to meet TelOne business strategy.
- Carries out network Capacity Audits for network expansion.
- Analysis of current network in comparison with service demand for Internet.
- Carries out equipment compatibility with existing equipment for expansion.
- Recommends modification of existing network setup for expansion purposes.
- Tracks developments in the International Telecommunications Union recommendations and standards and incorporate them in the development of technical specifications for TelOne.
- Prepares estimated project costs for project and recommend to the Principal Engineer.
- Evaluates various projects for feasibility before recommendation.
- Formulates and compile benchmarks against the contract proposals.
- Formulates technology solutions reports for TelOne stakeholders.
- Completes all related tasks as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic / Telecoms Engineering / Computer Science.
- Registered with Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) / Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers (ZIE).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in o similar or related field.
- High level data analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to be considered for the above post, please apply HERE not later than 10 September 2021 and any application challenges on the platform please contact our Human Resources team on [email protected].zw.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.