Planning and Compliance Manager
- Post Date:August 14, 2021
- Views 272
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA).
PLANNING AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER: PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT –LEVEL 6 (1)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct procurement in accordance the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, and with any other policies and procedures affecting effective execution of procurement duties in the Authority.
- Direct and oversee procurement contracts throughout their lifecycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice, recommendations, training and guidance to staff and management on contractual and procurement related issues, policies, procedures, issues, and systems.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute various procurement contracts.
- Own the procurement process and support various procurement functions such as strategic sourcing, subcontracting, vendor file management, and assist staff in drafting of requests for proposals, specifications, terms of reference, evaluation criteria and sole source justifications
- Provide quality assurance and oversight to global contract and procurement related functions by evaluating and identifying gaps in legal instruments, policies, procedures, business systems, processes or tools, and recommend and implement updates and/or improvements ensuring organizational efficiency, effectiveness and standardization
- Ensure all procurement contracts, related legal documents and templates are up-to-date and compliant with statutory laws.
- Report on legal activities, risks and litigation.
- Monitor contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension or renewal of contracts.
- Create and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Problem-solve procurement contract-related issues.
- Analyze and report on specific risks associated with contracts.
- Supervise the legal drafting and compliance team.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under immense pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Packages.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills and sound knowledge of contracts and compliance management.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- A team player who is innovative and analytical
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Administration / Business Administration / Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Purchasing & Supply Management or equivalent.
- An MBA / MBL / MSc is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- Full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) membership is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years working experience in Purchasing and Supply environment at supervisory or management level of which three (3) years should be in Public Procurement Compliance Environment.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 16 August 2021. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
ZIMRA is an equal opportunity employer.