Planned Maintenance Officer
- Post Date:December 15, 2021
- Views 312
- Career Level OfficerQualification CertificateExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Mining
Location: Ngezi, Zimbabwe
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Planned Maintenance Officer’s (PMO) role is to oversee the maintenance system of the underground mining equipment at his specific Mine site. It also includes the planning & scheduling and optimum usage of Maximo maintenance system to ensure proper maintenance and repair work of the underground equipment.
The Planned Maintenance Officer (PMO) will be responsible for:
- Planning and scheduling, work-order system management, ensure adequate stocking of maintenance materials of all equipment on site,
- Creation/approval/closing of all work orders in the system
- Management/tracking of work orders to completion and coordination of backlog work.
- Follow up on the rotable-components handling procedures,
- Ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported on for equipment reliability,
- Collaborate with maintenance Supervision to develop and schedule weekly repairs planning,
- Components’ life tracking, forecasting, repairing and renewals.
- Effective communication, team-work, SHEQ, policies, work schedules, procedure & specifications.
- Manage work orders, documentation, and assets within Maximo (the computerized maintenance management system)
- Train employees on how to use the CMMS
- Provides safety oversight in execution of Underground Maintenance Program.
- Audits the equipment for major jobs, including the ordering of parts and materials and scheduling of resources.
- Track weekly and monthly equipment performance and work management targets
- Take responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of oneself and others’
- Perform analysis of data and provide reports of useful information as required
- Work collaboratively with other planning staff from different sites.
Key Performance Areas: (RESULTS)
The PMO will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all proactive job activities allocated to Sandvik shift personnel at Ngezi Mine. The various skills/competences are, among other things:
- Align performance measures with mine’s business targets/site KPIs
- Directing and coordinating the capturing and posting of all equipment data in Maximo.
- Lead and coach subordinates to ensure quality work.
- Over inspections of all data capturing activities to ensure quality data processing in Maximo.
- Timeous closing of all work orders in Maximo
- Ensuring that all maintenance work meets OEM Standards.
- The Planned Maintenance Officer (PMO) is expected to have Trade Certificate of Competence in either of the following: Diesel Plant Fitting, Auto Electrician, Millwright or Electrician
- At least 8 years post qualifying experience of which 5 must be at Supervisory or leadership position in a mobile equipment workshop.
- Underground mining experience.
- Well experienced in systematic, preventative maintenance programs.
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and tools used in the mining industry.
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001, Project management, Lean management and computer literacy knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer focus culture.
- Good at paperwork, computer competency coupled with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing performance contracts.
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Applications close: 20 December 2021
Related Jobs (44)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract