- Post Date:May 2, 2022
- Views 396
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international humanitarian organisation operating in Zimbabwe, collaborating with the Ministry of Health & Child Care to create centres of excellence in health. AHF is looking for a Pharmacy Technician (HARARE).
The position is critical to ensure efficient day to day management of prescription of all ARVs and OI drugs. The role will also include liaison with other Healthcare workers at Site at which the successful candidate will be based.
The Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacist perform the following duties:
- Processing of prescriptions, dispensing of medications to patients according to treatment guidelines and standard operating procedures
- ; Provides instruction and information regarding correct use of medicines supplied;
- Counselling of patients on adherence to medications, adverse reactions, and food requirements of their medications;
- Data collection for reporting and ordering purposes monthly;
- Producing required reports timeously;
- Receives and stores incoming supplies; counts stock and enters data in computer and stock cards to maintain inventory records;
- Stock management and control, including regular stock take;
- Works with the clinic team to ensure that supplies that directly impact patient care are available all the time;
- Assists and communicates with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g adverse drug reactions);
- Participating in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity care;
- Developing standard operating procedures and job aids to improve pharmacy systems;
- Maintaining high levels of professionalism and good ethical practice in the pharmacy;
- Undertakes Pharmacy activities in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Promotes teamwork, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting partner organisations, governmental organs etc;
- Participates in pharmacy and clinic staff orientation;
- Supervision of junior staff;
- Exercises appropriate judgement and good decision-making skills;
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Diploma in Pharmacy;
- Certification in ART, OI’s and Supply Chain Management;
- At least 3 years post graduate experience in a pharmacy, preferably with ARV and OI medications;
- Registration by Pharmacist Council of Zimbabwe with a valid Practising Licence and is in good standing;
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected] with a subject line PHARMACY TECHNICIAN – AHF Zimbabwe. Please indicate your preferred location(s).
The closing date is 9 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.